Holiday Favorites: Seasonal and Small Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Festive Activities: 

Whether it is holiday themed 5ks or cute Christmas villages, there are so many options for you and your friends to get into the holiday spirit. My favorite 5ks are the Long Beach Jingle Bell 5k Run and the Hot Cocoa Classic. For holiday activities there are many holiday light shows and christmas villages, my personal favorites are Magic of Lights show (Jones Beach) and holiday skiing nights at Hunter Mountain.

Movies: 

ABC Family and Hallmark are streaming holiday movies all day every day for the month of December. Could we ask for anything better? My all time favorites are “The Polar Express” or “The Christmas Card” (Hallmark).

Starbucks Drink:

You know it is almost christmas time when you see everyone on campus with the cute holiday starbucks cups. If I am just grabbing a cup of coffee as a wake me up or a late night treat to give me motivation to finish off the semester strong, you can guarantee I am ordering a Peppermint Mocha until they take it away :(

Treats: 

Christmas Nutella. If you haven’t tried the new holiday nutella, you need to. The best late night treat is a nutella waffle with vanilla ice cream, it’s simply delicious.

December Favorites

December is one of my favorite months because everyone is in higher spirits around the holidays, all the lights and decorations make studying or commuting to work just a little bit better! The only thing that isn’t so great is trying to figure out what presents to get everyone. Below I have listed my current monthly obsessions:

**

Beading by The Sea pearl necklaces (check their Instagram for the cutest presents under $20)

Berkshire Extra Fluffy Blanket ($30→ $60)

Burt’s Bees [Cocoa Mint] ($4)

Divine Chocolate [Dark Mint is so good!] ($4 a bar)

Glass Knob Glue Stix (check their Etsy page for cute customizable gifts)

Gold Rush by Hilton Body Mist ($8)

Lavido Mandarin, Orange & Bergamot Aromatic Body Lotion ($15)

Madcoverz (check their Etsy page for customizable airpod and phone cases)

Mixtiles (varies)

Salted Carmel by Sensational Candle ($25)

Red 22 Nail Color 

Ocean Ride:Spin & Yoga Classes ($12 cycle class & $30 for both)

Pillsbury Shape Holiday Themed Sugar Cookies ($3)

Dayna McGinley

Manhattan '22

Dayna is an Accounting & Marketing double major. She's an Irish girl who loves everything lilly, beachy & especially pearls!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!