Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Life > Experiences

A Girl’s Guide to Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

As the great women of Sex and the City once concluded “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” Love comes in and out of our lives. Heartbreak can shatter us and new love interests can send us on an exhilarating rush. Through the ups and downs, our friends are always by our side to dry our tears or cheer us on on our wildest adventures. They help to make us who we are and can bring out the best in us. To me, the most important Valentine is your gals who lift you up and make you laugh. Here’s a guide to ringing in Galentine’s Day with the ladies you love dearly. 

Movie Night

Get cozy in your favorite pajamas and curl up with your best friends and a movie. Whether it be a tear-jerker like A Walk To Remember, a romantic-comedy like How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, or a horror movie to ignite the anti-love feels, this is a great way to relax with friends and enjoy yourself. 

Dance It Out

Girls really just want to have fun. Let loose and have a dance party complete with some throwback tunes that will get you in the mood to celebrate those in your life who are always there for you: your girlfriends.

Karaoke

Whip out those funky sunglasses you bought for a Halloween costume and never wore again. That fur coat you claimed you needed, but still, has the tags on it will finally get to see the light of day. It’s the time for the misfits of your closet to shine as you prepare to put on an extremely outrageous performance for your friends. Karaoke is the perfect moment to go wild and jam out to your favorite tunes with your gals. Not only will these give your friends a good laugh, but it will let you be the star that you are.

Baking

I have an undeniably strong sweet tooth that has always made me a fan of Valentine’s day because I can indulge on endless amounts of chocolate. One of the greatest parts of Galentine’s Day is the plethora of tasty and trendy treats you can make yourself. Get together with your girls and create a display of delicious desserts. A quick search on Pinterest can bring tons of creative ideas to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Spa Night

A nice night filled with self-care and relaxation is one of the most enjoyable ways to spend time with your girls. A face mask, manicure, and pedicure can create a serene environment for you to having a soothing night in. Maybe your friends can even treat each other to massages to complete the experience!

Dinner Date 

Who said that going out to dinner on February 14 had to be a romantic night with a significant other? Grab your girls, throw on a cute outfit and treat yourself to a dinner filled with the love of a friend and great food.

It’s important to remember how loved we all are and how important the friendships in our life are. Follow this guide and experience a fabulous Galentine’s Day with your girlfriends!

Skylar Rossi

Manhattan '23

I am a sophomore at Manhattan College pursuing a double major in political science and communications with a business minor.