This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

1. Bronzer

Start the season with a warm glow! The winter was long and hard, and chances are your pre-summer tan isn’t up to par. It’s fine to fake it! Apply bronzer wherever the sun would normally bronze your face: the top of your forehead, and the tip of your nose.  If you find yourself with a matte bronzer, it is also great for contour!

2. Highlight

Now that the sun is out more often, make sure to highlight your face so the sun can catch your bright cheeks. Highlight should be applied to the top of the cheekbone and the bridge of the nose. 

3. Bright Nail Polish

Whether you have a tan or not, making your skin pop is easy with a bright nail polish. I’m a big fan of teal and cobalt blue for spring. It’s also an excuse to get a mani/pedi!

4. Primer

As the weather gets warmer, we tend to sweat more. Make your makeup stay on the whole day with a great primer! I really like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($36). Your skin will be smooth and flawless even in 75 degrees. 

5. Sunscreen

Protecting your skin from the sun isn’t just for Spring, and it’s a good way to get prepared for the summer months. Remember, sun protection is vital to your skins longevity. Skin damage can age you prematurely and cause lines and wrinkles. It’s better to use some SPF 30 and look flawless. Sunscreen is important for your whole body! Tanning is still possible, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Pick up a good sunscreen and start using it in the spring, so when summertime rolls around you’ll have a good routine.  

Title Image Via [google.com]

Alex is a Junior at Manhattan College studying Marketing and Psychology. She likes good movies, good music, great friends, and long walks on the beach. Enjoy ~~~