Finals Week as told by Lizzie McGuire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Hey now, hey now.

What’s better than Paolo’s see-through sunglasses? Nothing.

As Lizzie McGuire struggled through her young adult life on the 2001-2004 TV series, she best explains 21 very real parts of Finals Week for collegiates everywhere.

1. The year is winding down, and the weather is hot. You can’t be anymore excited to Quad with friends and chug your life away in OV. CBS can’t hold us down.

2. You scrap up all the left over cash you had for groceries and put it towards your nights out at the bar.

3. …But then you realize the number of friends in your night crew is lower than usual– mainly because they are engineers– and no, they can’t come out because Solids.

4. A wave of stress hits, and you curse the classes you missed over the semester to sleep in.

5. Plan B: pulling your friends out of study groups and run like hell

6. “Aren’t you nervous for your test coming up?” Yes, yes I am.

7. When you can’t put off studying any longer, you are forced to face the dreaded cram-study session, and you haven’t hated your life more.

8. You most likely will claim it’s laundry day more days out of the week than not, to excuse wearing sweatpants. Again? Again.

9. …Except for that one class that you always manage to pull yourself together, only to impress your Ethan Craft. Haters gonna hate.

10. Study group late night conversations take a sudden turn for the less productive…

11. Your friends try to convince you to go out, but you have calculated the lowest grade you could possibly get to pass and you desperately need to study.

12. …But the snapchat stories look so Upper East Side glamorous. Spotted: Failing Liberal Arts Student xoxo Gossip Girl

13. Your friends wish you good luck, assuring you that you will do better than you think

14. (But your best friends are a little more straight forward)

15. “Oh how did you do?” Well, there was some multiple-choice, so probably okay on that.

16. Another all-nighter, another disgusting makeshift dinner

17. At this point in the study session, you are seriously thinking out your life plan if you were to drop out now and marry your way into comfortable living

18. Taking your test, finishing, and looking around to see everyone is still working

19…Except for Suck-Up Suzie who just thanked the teacher for a “great” semester

20. But finally, you’re done for the day and only have your easy final left. You jump in bed and wait until your crew finishes so you can all celebrate.

21. Finally Finals Week is over, and you officially have the summer to bake, booze, and bash

Tasia (pronounced tuh-see-yuh... yes, like the greeting "good to see ya") Adamakos is a Sophomore at Manhattan College, majoring with a journalism concentration, and minoring in English. Potbelly pig enthusiast, and a firm believer on women drinking Jack Daniels over vodka sodas, she constantly dreams of living in Manhattan to be a famous food writer (which would hopefully entail more eating than writing). Follow her on instagram @tasia_adamakos