This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

In this day and age, women are finally getting the same opportunities as men. Women are dominating the industry, specifically the beauty industry. Here are a few of my favorite brands that are run by strong women of our generation.

**

Fenty Beauty

Owned by Rihanna, Fenty beauty is one of the most inclusive brands of makeup, offering over 50 shades of foundation that includes everyone. Rihanna is a powerful woman and is also the highest-paid female singer.

Beauty Bakerie

Beauty Bakerie is a makeup brand made by the self-made entrepreneur, Cashmere Nicole. She was a young mom and was inspired by her daughter to work hard and show her what it means to be an independent woman.

Luv Scrub

Luv Scrub was founded by Caroline Ansah after her mom introduced her to a west African scrub that she used back home and her friends would compliment on how radiant her skin was. In 2011 she started Luv Scrub.

Ouai

Started by celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin, she created a haircare line that will soon take over Sephora. She is most known for being the Kardashians go-to hairstylist.

Glossier

Glossier has become a brand known for its aesthetically pleasing making products and just as equally good products. Glossier’s CEO Emily Weiss created the brand targeted to teens and young adults.

Anastasia Beverly Hills

Personally, I love ABH and think it’s a great brand with amazing quality products. The founder Anastasia Soare started the company in 1997 and was dedicated to making brow products for women, and has been a success ever since.

We love to see our fellow women killing it out there in the world! HCXO

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!