bark?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bark?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo courtesy of Food Network Kitchen

DIY Williams and Sonoma Chocolate Peppermint Bark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

One of my favorite things about the holidays is the food. One of my favorite foods that are served around the holidays is peppermint bark! My absolute favorite peppermint bark is from Williams and Sonoma, but the only downside is that it can be pricey. Here is my take on the Williams and Sonoma Peppermint Bark.

What you’ll need:

1 bag of white chocolate chips

1 bag of dark chocolate chips (Guittard chocolate is preferred because that’s what WS uses!)

12 candy canes 

Food grade peppermint oil

Baking pans

Instructions

• Put the candy canes in a zip-lock bag then crush them until they are in your desired size (Don’t be too harsh because you don’t want it to be a powder consistency) 
  • Melt your dark chocolate and pour it on the cookie sheet, making sure that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick
  • Put the chocolate in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes or until hardened
  • Melt the white chocolate and add a few drops of food-grade peppermint oil (Add in as many or as few drops as you want for your preference, I personally used 5 drops)
  • Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate
  • Put in the fridge to harden for 5 minutes, take out then sprinkle the candy cane pieces on top
  • Let harden for 30 minutes, take out of the pan and break it up
  • Enjoy your delicious creation!
Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.