This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Love yourself

Remember to appreciate yourself and your struggle. You are the hardest on yourself, but it is important to remember that everyone is imperfect and everyone is flawed. 

“Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about”

It is important to remember that everyone is struggling and everyone’s struggle is unique to them. While you may be able to relate to someone’s experience it does not always mean you know what it feels like to be in their shoes. Oftentimes people will react negatively or appear hostile in certain situations, when in fact they may just be having a hard time. It never hurts you to be kind to the people around you. 

You don’t need to make others happy, you just need to make yourself happy

If you worry about others’ happiness too often you will neglect your own happiness. 

Something you do today will matter tomorrow

Each day something important happens, whether you manifest it or not. It is important to take advantage of each day and each opportunity and achieve something within that day.

It is your opinion of yourself that matters the most

We often put too much emphasis on the opinions of others. We allow what others think or what we think others may think of ourselves to shape our opinions and dictate our happiness. Remember that you must first think of yourself highly before others can think of you as such. 

Something good will happen today

Whether it be finding a dollar on the ground or winning the lottery, each day offers something new and positive for you to experience. You just have to allow for that good to enter your life. 

Do one thing you put off for tomorrow

If you accomplish one thing you planned to complete tomorrow, you will have one less thing to worry about. This will help elevate your stress and guarantee that by the end of the week you will have much less work than you expected. 

Dress for yourself

Wear what makes you happy and makes you feel like yourself. “Comfortable” does not always mean sweatpants or leggings. Being comfortable is about wearing what makes you feel confident in yourself and pleased with the way you are being presented to those around you. 

Be grateful for the things you do have

While there are always things we wish we had, you should not allow the things you do not have, impact the things you do. Appreciate the things you have now, and the things you wish you had may come to you sooner than you expected.

Do something that will make yourself happy today

Remember to prioritize yourself. Reward yourself and appreciate the work and the effort you have put in. Do one thing for you and only you.

Adrianne Hutto

Manhattan '24

Adrianne Hutto is a Senior communication major at Manhattan College with a concentration in journalism. She loves writing about fashion, animals and food. In her free time she loves to cook, spend time with her cat, Casper, and rollerskating in Van Cortlandt Park.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!