This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Ciara O’Leary

After a year and a half of attending classes in our pajamas through a computer screen, it’s inevitable to want to dress up for class this semester. Simple, easy, cute yet casual outfits are the go-to for early classes or long days. Here’s your guide to showing up on campus this fall.

Graphic tees

You can never go wrong with a t-shirt. A cropped tee paired with jeans or an oversized shirt with biker shorts are such staple outfits for the school year. Throwing on a jacket or a zip-up hoodie makes this outfit completely functional no matter what the weather is.

Dresses

Dresses are seriously one of the easiest outfit options. No need to figure out what matches or doesn’t. Just simply throwing on a casual dress and a pair of sneakers makes it look like you tried way harder than you did.

Button-ups 

Button-ups have been super in this summer and probably will continue to be as we go into fall. Wearing these buttoned-up or open over a tank are both such cute and easy outfits paired with jeans or shorts.

Oversized hoodies

For those mornings when you just want to be comfortable, this is the go-to. Biker shorts, yoga pants, or baggy jeans all work with your favorite sweatshirt. Throw on some staple jewelry pieces to elevate the look. Who says that you can’t look cute in a hoodie?

Matching Sweat Set

These have become such a popular and easy comfortable outfit choice over the past couple of seasons. Shorts or sweats, these sets are another option that makes it look like you tried to look cute when you didn’t. 

Athleisure

Have a packed day and need to fit in your workout at some point? Athleisure is your best friend. There are so many cute sets on the market these days, it’s super easy to find the perfect one for you in any price range. 

When in doubt, just throw on your favorite pair of jeans and a comfy tee or tank. At the end of the day, you’re going to want to choose comfort and functionality over style. Have fun slaying this semester, ladies!

Jana Clark

Manhattan '22

Jana Clark is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Communication with a minor in Environmental Studies. Her passions include writing, photography, and health/nutrition! One day she hopes to work for a nonprofit organization where she can be part of the effort to end the marginalization of vulnerable communities and fight for social justice. You can often find Jana volunteering, at the gym, or exploring different parts of the Big Apple.