Campus Cutie Bobby Gebhard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Age: 21

Hometown: Upper Saddle River, NJ

Major: Finance

Year: Junior

Sport: Track and Field

Bobby Gebhard is a junior here at Manhattan College and a long and triple jumper on the Track and Field team. This year he is hoping to make Regionals for the triple jump event. He loves sports, and is a huge New York Jets fan. But if you are a New England Patriots fan, keep dreaming. When it comes to dating, he is all about a drama free girl who can be just as goofy as he is.

“I like people I can just sit around and have fun with.”

Bobby’s ideal first date is a nice dinner. Nothing too fancy, but definitely somewhere nice.

His friends often give him the nickname “dad”, and he is not quite sure as to why he received this nickname. Although, he thinks that it is because he always seems to be in control of everything. Ultimately, it is most likely because of the ‘Dad’ jacket he loves to wear.

“Even my friends back home have caught on to it.”

There are a few things in this world that Bobby cannot live without, one of them being a backpack. He always carries around his favorite one. Unfortunately, just recently the NYC Department of Sanitation took his favorite backpack away and he is extremely heart broken.

“He [his backpack] and I had been through a lot together. I miss him a lot.”

Bobby also cannot live without having a little sugar.

“I am addicted to candy. I always have to be snacking on something.”

Give this kid a backpack full of delicious snacks and you might just become his best friend.

When it comes to relationships it is all about having fun.

“You have to be able to have fun together. I do not understand why there are couples who are always arguing and fighting, that does not seem fun for anybody.”

There is one girl in this world that has Bobby’s heart, and her name is Katy Perry.

“I am absolutely infatuated with Katy Perry. Everything she does I think is absolutely fabulous. If a girl were to take me to a Katy Perry concert, that would be the best day of my life.”

Everything she does “makes him smile.”

He is also a huge Netflix watcher. He is currently watching 30 Rock, but his favorite television show is Scrubs. He has watched many different movies, but his favorites are Quentin Tarantino movies.

Besides obviously listening to a bunch of Katy Perry, he loves bands such as Blink 182 and Eminem. Bobby’s music choices usually just depend on what kind of mood he is in.

When asked what were three things he was grateful for the first thing he said was his mom and grandma.

“They are like my favorite people in the world.”

He also said his cousin’s new baby, Walter.

“He is a huge deal and we are all really happy to have him.”

Finally, Bobby said he is just grateful to be at Manhattan College and living with all of his friends.

“I am grateful for the fact that I get to live here with five of my best friends.”

Bobby is one of the friendliest guys you will meet at Manhattan College. He is super nice and always has a smile on his face. So if you see him around do not be afraid to say hello!

My name is Kiersten Buelow, I am a Sophomore at Manhattan College. I am swimmer for the Manhattan Jaspers and a journalism major with a minor in digital media.