body images 2020 01 06 Starbucks20Oatmilk20Honey20Lattejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2020 01 06 Starbucks20Oatmilk20Honey20Lattejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Brew Review: Starbucks New Cold Brew with Almond Milk Foam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By this point in the semester, you’re probably feeling a little sluggish. You may have woken up to your alarm, face flat on your textbook from a late-night study sesh, with barely enough time to brush your hair before your 8 a.m. zoom meet. We’ve all been there. But not to worry, this new drink from Starbucks is the perfect pick-me-up for your busy schedule.     

A newer addition to the Starbucks menu, the cold brew with almond milk foam is a must-have for the fall season. This drink has a subtle fall flavor and a burst of energy to help you through that late-afternoon slump. It also has the option to add either dark cocoa powder or cinnamon, so you can customize this drink to fit your taste. 

For those who don’t know, cold brew coffee is made by soaking coffee beans in water that’s cool, or room temperature, for an extended period of time. It’s this long soaking period that gives cold brew it’s crisp, deep coffee flavor we know and love so well. This certainly remains true for the cold brew with almond milk foam. 

In addition to the delicious brew, this drink is topped with extra ice, and obviously, the almond milk foam. Whether you’re vegan or just prefer your milk dairy-free, this is a light and delicious addition to your daily dose of liquid gold. Depending on what size you order, this drink contains between 160 to 365mg of caffeine, packing a powerful punch to get you through the day. 

I would highly recommend this fun twist on the classic cold brew. Whether you’re in need of a boost or just want to switch up your coffee order, this drink is definitely worth a go.  Top it off with cocoa or cinnamon, or, treat yourself by asking your barista for an extra flavor pump of vanilla or mocha syrup. You deserve it.

Jocelyn Visnov

Manhattan '24

Jocelyn is a communication major studying journalism and advertising at Manhattan College. She's the Editor-in-Chief for The Quadrangle Newspaper and previously served as a Creative Director and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Manhattan. Jocelyn aspires to pursue a career in advertising with a special interest in creative direction and campaigns. She is a passionate writer who is always on the go, but never without an iced coffee in hand!
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!