This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Name: Brendan Goggins

Class year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Mineloa, NYRelationship Status: Single

Life at Manhattan-

Her Campus: What’s your favorite part about being a Jasper?

Brendan Goggins: Well, it’s not explaining what the name is, that’s for sure. The fact that it’s in the city and it still has all of the great features of a college campus is probably the best part.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

BG: I’m a member of the improv comedy group here on campus called Scatterbomb, which is my biggest investment. We started a sketch comedy group called Your VCR which I also enjoy being part of. I am usually involved with Players whenever they have shows going on and I also work as a tour guide.

HC: Do you have any exciting plans for the rest of the Semester?

BG: Being in Scatterbomb, we perform every few weeks and practice a lot. We’re going up to Vassar for a weekend. It’s a bunch of cool people doing cool things and I’m looking forward to it!

HC: What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at MC?

BG: I’ve taken a lot of lame ones, but my favorite would have to be Shakespeare with Brian Chalk. He’s a great man talking about a fascinating writer and I highly recommend it.

HC: What’s your favorite memory from the last few years?

BG:  There’s definitely been a couple of times wandering around the city, being at San Gennaro, seeing shows.. my first Scatterbomb show sits pretty warm with my heart. Definitely LOVE Texas was a wonderful experience. We worked at a camp for kids battling kidney disease. It was great to actually make a difference and to be there with some of my closest friends meant a lot.

Fun Facts:

HC: Favorite Chick Flick?

BG: I’d have to say Crazy Stupid, Love. It’s a smart movie disguised as a chick flick.

HC: Best concert you’ve ever been to?

BG: It’s a tie between Childish Gambino at Terminal 5 in October of my freshmen year and Mumford and Sons in Hoboken in summer 2012. Great energy and performances.

HC: Best Res Hall on Campus?

BG: I’ve only lived in two so I’ve gotta go with Overlook Manor because of the kitchen and the space is nice.

HC: Dream Job?

BG: Working on a sketch comedy show as a performer and writer. I’d say something along the lines of Saturday Night Live.

HC: Ideal Date?

BG: Nice dinner at an Italian restaurant. Then a nice walk around NYC; perhaps Chelsea Piers, perhaps South St Seaport. Maybe go drink at a rooftop bar. And then, I’ll be a gentleman and walk her home. Chivalry is not dead, goddammit.

HC: Biggest Pet Peeves?

BG: People who only look at one side of an issue and people who don’t finish a beer.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

BG: Honesty, that they’re on the same level of weirdness that I am.

HC: Recommendations to Netflix Binge Watch?

BG: If you’re looking for a long term commitment, watch “Breaking Bad.” If you just wanna kill a weekend, I’d say “Sherlock.”

Binge watching TV is a lot like relationships. Did “24” break my heart? No we just fell out of love. “Dr. Who” is always good too.

HC: Who’s your favorite professor?

BG: Dr. Arno Kolz. He’s always straightforward, he’s never going to bullsh*t you. He knows what he wants and has his sh*t in order. Honorable mention: Brian Chalk.

Lover of realtalk, cheese, Netflix, and psychology.