Style > Beauty

The Best Skincare For When You’re On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

As a college student in New York City, it seems like I am always spending money. As I mature physically and mentally it is really important for me to take care of my skin without breaking the bank. I used to spend a lot of my money on skincare because I thought the more expensive, the better the product. After trying a ton of products, I realized that that’s not the case. I’ve been using the same skincare routine since the beginning of quarantine and it has done wonders for my skin!

Star Acne Patches

I love these! They are little star stickers with tea tree oil that you leave on your acne and blemishes overnight. They work great and are perfect if you need to get rid of acne overnight.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

This has been a lifesaver for my face. After many years of dealing with acne, and oily skin I can confidently say that this has definitely changed my skin for the better! I use it at night to get rid of all the dirt and oil that has accumulated throughout the day.

PanOxyl Acne Wash

I have been using this acne wash for a few years now and it has been one of the only things that have stayed consistent throughout my skincare routine. Personally, I get acne on my back and chest more than I do my face so I mostly use this in the shower. It has made me more confident knowing I don’t have itchy red bumps all over my chest and back.

The Ordinary AHA + BHA Peeling Solution

Anything from The Ordinary is amazing, but especially this peeling solution. Not only is it under $10 but it has really helped clear my pores and exfoliate without harsh abrasive scrubbing. I use this twice a week (which is what is recommended) for ten minutes before I wash it off. It is something that I can’t live without!

CeraVe Moisturizer

My skin has seriously never been softer than when I use this. I have only used less than a handful of facial moisturizers in my skincare routine but this is something that really stands out. It is very gentle on the skin and leaves your skin soft for the rest of the day!

Give these products a try to get glowing skin without breaking the bank!

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!