david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Halloween is really a holiday for celebrities. We may try to dress up in our best Purge costumes or go all-out on our skeleton makeup, but when it comes to celebrities like Beyonce or Justin Timberlake, we are totally not worthy. Here are some of the best celebrity Halloween costumes of this year (taken from Instagram).

Beyonce as Black Barbie

Not only was Queen Bee dressed as a flawless black Barbie doll, but Jay Z had his own box and was dressed up as “50th Anniversary Special Edition Black Ken”. Blue Ivy was wearing an adorable jacket with the Barbie logo on the back.

Neil Patrick Harris, David Burtka and family as Old Hollywood Icons

NPH’s family always kills the Halloween costume line up. In the past, the family have been in costumes like the Peter Pan crew, classic Halloween creatures and even Star Wars (complete with lightsabers). This year was no different as NPH dressed up as Groucho Marx, Burtka as Charlie Chaplin and their two kids dressed up as Marilyn Monroe and James Dean. Adorable!

Channing Tatum as Beast, Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Belle and Everly Tatum as mini Belle 

Perhaps one of the cutest young families in Hollywood, the Tatums had the cutest family costume! It’s also absolutely hilarious to think Channing Tatum is under that Beast mask.

Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel and son Silas as Trolls The perfect combination of cute family costume and marketing ploy- Timberlake’s movie Trolls comes out this week, so these costumes were a no-brainer! 

Mac Miller as Sam and Ariana Grande as Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom It was only recently announced that the two singers (who collaborated on Grande’s song “The Way” back in 2013) are in a relationship. The best choice of costume for this young couple? The cute young couple from Wes Anderson’s movie Moonrise Kingdom! Grande posted multiple photos of the two reenacting scenes from the movie with their spot-on costumes.

Class of 2019. Communication Major. Film Studies/Digital Media Art Minor. Maryland girl exploring NYC and writing all about it! Follow me on Instagram: @taylorbrethauer and Twitter: @itstaybytheway Stalk my photography blog here: throughtaylorsviewfinder.tumblr.com