Be Fest Dressed with the Best Music Festival Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Coachella has finally ended and don’t we all wish we were on the West Coast living the Coachella dream this past weekend! Coachella is just the beginning of all the summer music festivals to look forward to. It is a time to channel our inner hipster, bohemian style. Pieces that include crochet dresses, matching short sets, florals, fringe, kimonos, flower crowns, and endless arm candy are essentials to complete our festival looks.

Tie dye is totally acceptable for any festival. It can be either subtle or funky depending on what your style consists of. One of my favorites (pictured far left middle) is the tie-dyed tiered baby doll dress with a low cut back with a strappy cross design and adjustable straps. This dress is light and flowy and perfect for spring/summer weather. Rompers are fun, casual, and easy. This romper (pictured top left) has been hand tie-dyed making its style unique and one-of-a-kind. A lightweight, tie dye caftan dress (pictured bottom left) is perfect for all your festival activities. With its lightweight, V notch neckline, flowy, three quarter sleeves, and high low hemline you will be twirling all over the festival grounds. Go with the flow in this off the shoulder dip dye flowy dress in rust (picture bottom right). This dress features a stretchy collar line to grip the shoulders and has oversized bell sleeves and a flowy fit. Perfect with some platform sandals, a collar necklace, and a floppy hat.

A simple every day festival look is a cami dress. This glamorous light khaki cami dress has panel detailing with loose pleats and adjustable straps. It is a simple style that can be dressed up or down. Try layering it over a block shirt and a statement necklace. Add your favorite pair of sunglasses. These sunglasses with cat-eye frames in light white and black horn with green mirror lenses add a bold touch. Add dapper polish and a mod edge with leather ankle boots or sneakers. Try pairing with an over-sized sweater and opaque tights for an edgier look. Add a little black leather Soho crossbody to carry your ticket and lipsticks.

This season we are beginning to see tons of fringe and tassels. Boasting a flattering, open-front design, this lavish kimono features cut-out details, crocheted embellishments and tasseled trims. Wide sleeves provide extra comfort during a long day on the festival grounds. Throw a kimono over any outfit for more of a layering look. Find a skirt with long fringes for those of you that love going for that bohemian chic style. 

There is always a way to make an outfit more accessorized. This beautiful clutch gives every outfit the perfect bohemian-chic touch. Bracelets in various designs can be worn all up your arms. Whether they are bangles, cord bracelets, elastic bracelet, or plastic beaded bracelets they are a fun way to make you feel the festival vibes. We have been seeing Flash Tats all over. Flash Tats are metallic temporary tattoos. They can be put anywhere on your body and look awesome with a summer glow. Large brimmed boho hats can be worn at any time of the year and you can definitely get your wear out of hats at festivals. This fringed shoulder bag in suede with a braided, adjustable shoulder strap, drawstring at the top is perfect to carry all your festival necessities in and also brings back the fringe trend this season. Do not forget to bring your favorite stylish sunglasses. Hopefully every festival you might attend will be filled with sunshine.

Tap into the cropped trend with this chic baby blue bra top. This top merges the past and present by injecting traditional silhouettes with a modern edge. This abbreviated design calls for a high-waisted denim short. Pair a classic denim high-waisted shorts with neon floral embroidery. Keep it simple on your feet and wear Converse All Star high top sneakers. Style these classic kicks with denim or dresses for a sporty feel.

A similar look includes, this flirty cropped tank that can be worn with colorful or tie-dye denim shorts. Spring flower hair garlands are a fun way to brighten up the perfect festival outfit!