andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Andrew Melitsanopoulos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

MC’s Boys Soccer Team Captain and Campus Cutie, Andrew “Meli” Melitsanopoulos, comes from Norwalk, CT. Sophomore (and single, ladies!) Andrew majors in psychology and government.

Manhattan Life:

HC: Favorite part about Manhattan College?

Andrew: The class sizes and the tight-knit community. These features help create an environment that prepares students for success after they graduate.

HC: Best memory from being on the soccer team?

Andrew: The day before my birthday in my freshman year, we played Marist at Gaelic Park. We needed a win to help us clinch a MAAC playoff spot. We were down 2-1 with about ten minutes left, and I scored two goals in a little over a minute to get us the win. My whole family was there to see, and we ended up going to the MAAC semifinals that year.

HC: Favorite food place near campus?

Andrew: The Greek Express, for obvious reasons. Doesn’t beat mom’s cooking but any Greek food is good food.

Fun Facts:

HC: Favorite Disney movie?

Andrew: Beauty and the Beast, no question.

HC: Currently, what is your most played song on your iPod?

Andrew: Mr. Rager, by Kid Cudi.

HC: Biggest pet peeve?

Andrew: Torn between when my socks don’t match and when someone is ignorant, both equally annoying.  

HC: What is your one guilty pleasure?

Andrew: Karaoke Night, pretending like it’s just for laughs when in reality I’m singing my heart out hoping for a record deal.

HC: If you could have dinner with anyone in history who would it be?

Andrew: I would have loved to have dinner with JFK. He had so much to offer the country. I would not only want to talk politics, but I would want to get to know him as a person away from the executive office too.

HC: Celebrity crush?

Andrew: Jessica Alba

HC: What is your ideal date?

Andrew: Tough, depends where you are. Ideally, it would be a candlelit dinner at a pristine restaurant. Impeccable wine and dessert because there’s always room for that. Followed by a night walk on the beach afterwards, ending the night with stargazing.

HC: What is something that not many people know about you?

Andrew: My first name is actually Andreas– in Greek, meaning manliness and bravery. I just went by Andrew as a kid since that’s the American translation.

Tasia (pronounced tuh-see-yuh... yes, like the greeting "good to see ya") Adamakos is a Sophomore at Manhattan College, majoring with a journalism concentration, and minoring in English. Potbelly pig enthusiast, and a firm believer on women drinking Jack Daniels over vodka sodas, she constantly dreams of living in Manhattan to be a famous food writer (which would hopefully entail more eating than writing). Follow her on instagram @tasia_adamakos