7 Ways to Make the Most of Your Spring Break 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

After a few long weeks of following a crazy schedule that includes work, clubs, and a social life, the long-awaited Spring Break is finally here… but now what? Here are some ways you can liven up your break experience and enjoy the well-deserved time off. 

1.Go Out and Do Something 

When break finally comes during the school year, all we want to do is do absolutely nothing. With our busy schedules, we haven’t had time to simply just do nothing, but that kind of makes a boring spring break. Whether you’re staying home or vacationing at some resort, don’t stay cooped up inside watching Netflix. Go outside! Create a schedule of activities you can do throughout the day so you don’t waste a minute of your time. 

2.Spend Time with Friends and Family 

I feel like I always have the best breaks whenever I surround myself with loved ones. I don’t get to see them many times throughout the year, so getting to spend time with them is really special. I also love being able to hang out with my friends and enjoy our time together without worrying about school. If your break doesn’t align with a friend at another school, take a trip to visit them!

3.Treat Yourself 

We’ve been working hard these past few weeks, and have been ready for this break for a while— it’s the first break we’ve had so far this semester! Be sure to reward yourself for all you’ve done. Buy something nice for yourself, indulge in your favorite food and be sure to take time to relax. 

4.Remove all Stressors 

On break, you deserve to have nothing to worry about and to feel stress free! If there’s anything causing you stress, forget about it for this week. Try disconnecting from your hectic schedule to get the most out of your vacation. It could be as simple as just turning your phone off for a bit and not thinking about how many notifications you have. Focus on the blissful moments in front of you. After all, you are on break so you deserve a breakfrom whatever is causing you stress. 

5.Create a Playlist 

Nothing puts me in a better mood than listening to my favorite songs. This break, compile a list of your favorite songs that are upbeat and give you a summer vibe. I guarantee you’ll make your spring break experience better if you play some positive jams. 

6.Document the Good Times 

Be sure to take photos and capture every moment you enjoy this break, whether you’re home or away. Not only will you have cute, insta-worthy pictures, but you’ll create a moment worth remembering, which adds meaning to your break. 

7.Just Have Fun 

I’m sure most people will feel that vacationing somewhere tropical over break is more fun than being home, but spring break is what you make of it. Take every moment, every opportunity you have, and run with it. Make the most of any experience and try to maintain a positive outlook. You’ll get out what you put into this break, so make the most of it! A week isn’t really that long for a substantial break, so enjoy it while it lasts

As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!