This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

With more time than I know what to do with, I have gone back to binge watching Netflix shows over break. Having no time to watch new shows during last semester, I had a lot to catch up on, including Emily in Paris. Now that I am up to date with some of Netflix’s latest releases, here is a list of 5 of shows I am currently binging. 

Schitt’s Creek…again

A sitcom following the journey of an upper class family who lost everything, the 6 season show is full of laughs, cries, and the unexpected. I started watching the series over the summer and was able to finish it in December after Netflix released season 6 in October. I am currently rewatching it with my parents, who are thoroughly enjoying the comedic episodes. The show stars well known actress Catherine O’Hara as Moira Rose, the wife, and uniquely its writers, Eugene Levy and Daniel Levy, as father and son, Johnny Rose and David Rose. The show has won several Emmys and is a must watch. 

Bridgerton

Based on Julia Quinn’s bestselling novel series, Bridgerton aired on Netflix on Christmas and has been on the top charts ever since. The series takes place in London during the Regency era, following the Bridgerton family of 8 children in their attempt to find love, specifically Daphne. The romance show is currently only 1 season, but fans are already buzzing in hope for a second season.

Julie and the Phantoms

Based on a Brazillian TV series, the director of HSM and Descendants brings yet another show that has me reminiscing my childhood. The comedy-drama is about a teenage girl who helps a trio of ghostly guys become the band they never got to be through her passion for music (trust me it’s not as weird as it sounds). The plot, music numbers, and cute actors, had me binge all 9 episodes in one night. Although it is rated G, I will warn you that I cried several times throughout the season. Nevertheless, this is an amazing show to watch (and the songs will 100% be stuck in your head).

The Hookup Plan

A French series about Elsa, a girl who doesn’t understand why she can’t find love, is another must watch. Elsa’s 2 best friends, Charlotte and Emilie, come up with a plan to get her back into the dating game by hiring her an escort, but it does not end the way they planned. It’s a series full of love, heartbreak, friendship, and courage, and one that I definitely did not expect to like as much as I did. 

I’m sorry

A sitcom written by Andrea Savage, who also stars as Andrea, a writer, wife, and mom, is a 2 season show that follows her and her husband, Mike, as they navigate their life in raising a 4-year-old, working, and keeping their relationship fresh. The show covers all the obstacles and complications life throws at parents, including those awkward conversations no one looks forward to. If you’re looking for a new comedy to watch, definitely check I’m sorry out.

While some of these shows may be more well known, I hope this list gives you some new options to add to “your list” on Netflix. Happy binging!

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!