This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Jayda Grullon

The time of love has officially come, but February isn’t just for couples. It celebrates all romantic and platonic relationships… especially with our girlfriends! As you and the girls embody the spirit of Galentine’s day make sure to have a bottle of rosé on deck. The best part of this holiday is being able to be as mushy and affectionate as you want to your besties– so take that into account and make the most of it. Originally this holiday first appeared in the admired tv-show “Parks and Recreation” when Leslie Knope gathered her girlfriends to celebrate with brunch. Since then, it’s been a hit and is annually celebrated by none other than the girls.

This holiday can be so memorable, whether it be brunch or cute decor, adding a little spice makes all the difference in the world. Make your Galentine’s Day extra special with some of my favorite essentials to ensure you and the girls have a fabulous February 13. 

Valentine’s Day Oversized Fur Heart Throw Pillow – Threshold™ : Target

1. product image 1 of 6 slides

These heart-shaped pillows are not only affordable but the perfect way to get into the spirit and make any room Galentine-themed. Its color adds a darling radiance to any armchair, bed or wherever else one would want to prop it on. Plus, it is very comfy to lay your head on.

Amazon- Be My Galentine 20 oz Wine Glass

A delicious brunch with the girls is great, but these themed wine glasses are truly the tip of the iceberg. Sip in style… cheers!

Target Long Sleeve Heart Print Pajama Set- White Mark

You can never go wrong with a comfy pajama set, especially if it fits the Galentine’s day vibe. As you and your girlfriends are catching up, enjoy each other’s company in cute, casual apparel. Who knows… it could even be a Galentine’s Sleepover!

Mini Sweet Love Platter | Edible Arrangements

Who says you can’t spoil your besties with an abundance of flowers and chocolates? Absolutely no one! Surprise your girlfriend(s) with a bouquet of roses and if you are feeling extra lovely add in chocolate-covered strawberries. Edible Arrangements has bouquets, chocolate-covered strawberries and other sweets, that could be shipped right to your door.

Light up the Fresh Cut Roses scent from Yankee Candle to spoil yourself and your besties with an aroma of love filling your noses. Its enriching, sweet-smelling fragrance is perfect for any activity and has all the ingredients for the perfect Galentine’s Day. Let the holiday spirit fill the air as you spend this day with your closest friends.