25 Christmas Movies to Watch This Christmas Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

The Ultimate Christmas Present 

Allie wants nothing more than to have a white Christmas… except she lives in California! A Disney Channel original movie that was my absolute favorite to watch when I was younger. Definitely gets you in the Christmas spirit! 

The Princess Switch

Taking place during the holiday season, a princess and an ordinary girl (both played by Vanessa Hudgens) switch places and fall in love with each other’s beaus. A cute, somewhat new Netflix movie worth watching. 

The Holiday Calendar 

An advent calendar that can predict the future is what Abby is focused on this holiday season. Another Netflix original that deserves some attention.

A Dog named Christmas 

This heartwarming story follows a young man convincing his family to adopt a dog for the holidays. Cute dogs, the Christmas season, what more could you want out of a movie? 

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas 

Who doesn’t love Disney’s classic character Mickey Mouse? I would watch this all the time when I was younger. This movie tells three Christmas stories following all your favorite Mickey Mouse friends!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

If you’re looking for something a little spooky this holiday season, this is perfect to watch. Follow Jack Skellington try to take Christmas under his control. 

Deck the Halls 

Two neighbors compete to see who has the best and brightest Christmas lights. Danny Devito and Christmas? A combination worth viewing 

A Christmas Prince

Another Netflix film that follows a journalist trying to uncover the real life of a handsome prince, yet in the process she falls in love. 

A Christmas Carol

A classic Christmas movie that follows Scrooge being visited by the ghost of Christmas past, present, and future. 

Christmas with the Kranks

Luther and his wife Nora decide to skip out on Christmas, yet their family and friends don’t seem too thrilled they’re missing out on the holiday season. 

It’s a Wonderful Life

A classic movie that follows George being visited by his Guardian angel who shows him what a wonderful life it truly is. 

A Christmas Story 

A Christmas classic that follows Ralphie’s life as he deals with a bully and is at odds with his dad. In the meantime he dreams of his ideal Christmas toy!

The Santa Clause

After Santa falls off his roof, Scott becomes Santa Clause and takes over the North Pole. One of my favorites!

The Santa Clause 2 

Scott is back at it again as Santa in the sequel to The Santa Clause. His son is on the naughty list and he must find himself a Mrs. Clause in order to remain Santa. 

The Santa Clause 3

The third and final movie of the Santa Clause trilogy where Scott must compete against Jack Frost in maintaining ownership of the North Pole.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

One of the most classic Christmas movies that follows the Grinch trying to steal Christmas. Definitely a must watch this holiday season. 

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (live action) 

The same story as before, but the live action version!

The Grinch (2018) 

Again, the same story but this time with newer animation!

Frosty the Snowman 

Yet another classic that follows a snowman coming to life! On the must watch list this year and every year!

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer  

Another classic movie that tells the story of Rudolph guiding Santa’s sleigh with his shiny nose! 

Home Alone

Kevin McCallister is left home alone by his entire family and is being targeted by two robbers, The Wet Bandits. This holiday season, Kevin needs to fend for himself while hes home alone. Another holiday classic!

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York 

Follow Kevin again as he finds himself alone in New York City during the Christmas season, battling against the Wet Bandits again! 

Elf

Buddy the Elf comes from the North Pole to try to find his dad working in the Big Apple. One of the most humorous holiday classics!

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Watch the Peanuts Characters celebrate Christmas! A cute, holiday classic movie that a must watch. 

The Polar Express

My personal favorite (and the best for last). Follow a young boy take a magical train ride to the North Pole who realizes what it means to believe.

As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!