20 Signs Your Brother is Your True Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Growing up you always heard stories about siblings fighting. For some of you this may have been true, especially if you had a sister who would steal your clothes, but when it comes to your brother if he wasn’t your best friend growing up, he definitely is now.

1.     He has always got your back.

2.     You’ve got a secret hand shake (even if you’re both in your 20’s).

3.     He is your partner in crime.

4.     If mom said no to you, she would probably say yes to your brother.

5.     He is your road trip buddy and in charge of the tunes or your chauffer when you’re too tired to drive.

6.     He was still proud to call you his sister even during your ugly years (aka middle school).

7.     He is your movie and game night date, whether you’re hitting up the AMC or MSG.

8.     He is your biggest critic and your best supporter.

9.     Family vacations were always fun because you had someone to hang with when your parents did grown up things. This meant you didn’t have to go make friends with weird kids in your hotel or on the cruise.

10. He can always make you laugh. You guys have inside jokes older those candies in grandmas purse.

11. He keeps your secrets. Sure you’ll rat each other out when it comes to who ate the last piece of pizza, but when it comes to big stuff, your lips are sealed.

12. He is always protective of you and suspicious of any guys you bring home.

13. He taught you how to fight back; you could never be 100% of a girly girl. How else could you watch Lizzie McGuire when Transformers was on, you had to get the remote some how.

14. He keeps your humble. When you’re being a real “witch” he’ll let you know.

15. He’ll go out of his way for you. Did you get your wisdom teeth taken out? Guess who already stocked the fridge with Ben and Jerry’s?

16. You can’t go more than a week without talking to him.

17. You guys have been asked if you were twins (even if you’re obviously not).

18. He always has a TV or movie quote prepared for any occasion.

19. You always pick on eachother…but its out of love.

20. You could always hang with each other’s friends even if you weren’t technically “invited”.

Brothers are awesome. They’ll let you climb all over them, drag them shopping, and pick you up when your down (or pick you up and throw you in a pool). In the end, your brother is whom you’ll always have; he’ll be the weird uncle and your rock when things get hard. He’s your best friend. 

Abby Welte

Manhattan

Manhattan College student majoring in Communication and an Intern for the New Jersey Devils. I'm not legally allowed to play board games in at least 9 states, enjoy long walks on a short pier, trying anything with frosting on it and yelling at my TV when hockey is on.