This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

It’s December, which means it’s officially acceptable to start listening to Christmas music, although we’d admittedly already snuck in a quick song or two while our housemates were out last week. So, HC Manchester has compiled some of the best festive tunes to get even the biggest Grinch into the spirit of the season.

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey

Let’s start with the Christmas song to end all Christmas songs. The Queen of Christmas has come out of hibernation once again. It might be one of the only Mariah songs we know but it’s a good one.

2. Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande

Ari’s been on a reign of glory since the release of the music video for thank u, next last Friday and the super-sweet message of Santa Tell Me makes it a firm favourite here at HC Manchester. Fan of her dulcet tones? She has a whole EP of festive tunes on Spotify.

3. 8 Days of Christmas by Destiny’s Child

Doesn’t it feel like Christmas? Christmas collides with R&B in this early noughties number and it surely gets us in the mood. Also, the video sure begs the question: does Beyoncé actually age?

4. Last Christmas by Wham

It’s been covered by more artists than we can be bothered to mention but we decided to stick with the original. Anyone who claims they don’t know every single word is lying.

5. It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Michael Bublé

If Mariah Carey is the Queen of Christmas, than Bublé is without a doubt King. We can barely remember what December was like before the 2012 release of Christmas. The album is filled with certified bangers but this song in particular makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Bec Oakes

Manchester '20

A third-year English Language student and Campus Correspondent / Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at University of Manchester with a love for clothes, cats and crime documentaries. In my spare time I enjoy blogging, skiing in a mediocre manner and putting things in online shopping baskets before hastily abandoning them.