This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

While Easter is almost here, upcoming exams and assignment deadlines mean many of us won’t be going home this Easter break. Here are some of the best things to do if you happen to find yourself staying the city.

Take a day trip to the Peak District

With beautiful places to walk, this would be the perfect way to clear your head during a revision break. Train tickets start at £6 from Northern Rail and, with the weather finally warming up, it makes for the perfect day out. For something a little different, you can even go to the Heights of Abarham and take a ride on a cable car.

Go on a Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt!

Get in the Easter spirit with a National Trust Easter Egg Hunt at Quarry Bank in Wilmslow. It costs £2.50 to get involved with hunts taking place from April 19th-22nd.

10 Things I Hate About You 20th Anniversary Screening

Celebrate the 20th anniversary of this iconic 90s film this Easter break. On April 9th, you can see a screening of the film for just £5 at Manchester Central Library.

Film Nights at the Cat Café!

Cat Café Manchester are hosting film nights across select Fridays in April. Tickets cost £15 and include unlimited drinks and popcorn. What better way to relax than screenings of classics such as Grease and Mrs. Doubtfire while hanging out with the café’s resident cats.

Discoteca Easter Extravaganza

Held at 256 on April 4th, Discoteca are hosting an Easter send off with an extravaganza of funk, soul, hip-hop, house and disco music. Tickets cost from £4 and are available here.

Favela x Big One: Easter Extravaganza

Also on April 4th, Cubo is hosting their own Easter Extravaganza. With the venue closing down, appearing for sale on Rightmove in early March, this might be one of the last opportunities to have a night out at one of Fallowfield’s finest. Tickets start at £5 and include a raffle ticket for the chance to win an Easter bundle on the night.

White Hotel’s Easter ‘Drench’ Event

On April 19th, from 12pm-6am, White Hotel is hosting ‘Wet Play’s Buzz Friday Easter Drench’. Tickets cost £8, although anyone dressed as Jesus or the Easter Bunny gets in for free.

Whether you decide to go home or stay in Manchester this Easter, HC Manchester hopes you have a relaxing break!

Jessica Chapman

Manchester '19

Studying Politics and Modern History at Uni. With a particular interest in American modern history. A love for politics, with the aim to increase female representation and participation within British politics. Spend too much time on social media and watching Disney movies.