With semester one coming to a close yesterday, a lot of us have left Manchester for Christmas break, or are planning to do so within the next few days. However, some students choose to spend their Christmas break in the city. For those of you who've made this choice, there are plenty of events continuing on through the rest of December, to make your extended time here festive and enjoyable.
University of Manchester's International Society has a great programme of events on over Christmas to keep you connected with fellow students spending the holidays in Manchester and get you into the festive spirit.
There are also opportunities to get together to sing a selection of traditional carols to get yourself in the mood.
- December 22nd & 23rd: The Hallé Carol Concert
Manchester Christmas markets are award-winning for a reason and are spread across the city centre, offering a wonderful selection of gifts, crafts, food and drink. A host of other markets are also open over the Christmas break if you're looking for something a little different.
- Every day until December 22nd: Manchester Christmas markets
- Every day until December 23rd: Altrincham Christmas markets
- December 16th: Spinningfields Makers markets
- December 21st: Levenshulme Christmas night market
Channel your inner Torvill and Dean and get your skates on at one of the two rinks open right now in the heart of the city.
- Every day until January 6th: First Street ice rink
- Every day except Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day: Cathedral Gardens ice rink at the Ice Village
As we reach the final post in our Christmas series, Her Campus at Manchester would like to wish everybody a happy holidays. HCXO!