Things to Do in Manchester over the Christmas Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

With semester one coming to a close yesterday, a lot of us have left Manchester for Christmas break, or are planning to do so within the next few days. However, some students choose to spend their Christmas break in the city. For those of you who’ve made this choice, there are plenty of events continuing on through the rest of December, to make your extended time here festive and enjoyable.

International Society

University of Manchester’s International Society has a great programme of events on over Christmas to keep you connected with fellow students spending the holidays in Manchester and get you into the festive spirit.

Christmas Carols

There are also opportunities to get together to sing a selection of traditional carols to get yourself in the mood.

Christmas Markets

Manchester Christmas markets are award-winning for a reason and are spread across the city centre, offering a wonderful selection of gifts, crafts, food and drink. A host of other markets are also open over the Christmas break if you’re looking for something a little different.

Ice Skating

Channel your inner Torvill and Dean and get your skates on at one of the two rinks open right now in the heart of the city.

As we reach the final post in our Christmas series, Her Campus at Manchester would like to wish everybody a happy holidays. HCXO!

Bec Oakes

Manchester '20

A third-year English Language student and Campus Correspondent / Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at University of Manchester with a love for clothes, cats and crime documentaries. In my spare time I enjoy blogging, skiing in a mediocre manner and putting things in online shopping baskets before hastily abandoning them.