Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Let’s Talk About Sex: The Events of Sex Week 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

Wahey, it’s sex week! Sexpression Manchester are getting active February 11th-17th with events all around the university. So here they are, the ins and outs of Sex Week 2019.

Sexpression are hosting a wide range of activities, as listed below:

Living in Fallowfield and consider yourself a sexpert?  Here’s your chance to showcase the depths of your sensual knowledge at ‘Think You’re a Sexpert?”, the sex themed pub quiz. Located at Squirrels Bar, there’s nothing more student-y than using playdough and the Kamasutra to win the respect of your mates! Who will be crowned MVP of your flat?

For those zero waste babes, head down to the SU on Tuesday for a unique upcycling workshop. With free screen printing available, bring your own totes and tees and express yourself. Expect to see lots of nips, lips and Sexpression tips!

Calling all self-confessed millennial hoes! Award-winning sex and relationship guru, Oloni, is coming to the University of Manchester. The event is free but Oloni is in high demand so reserve your tickets here and prepare yourself for some honest real talk on sex and romance from the 21st century feminist perspective.

To round up the week, we turn to yoga and the sacral chakra. Embrace the opportunity to get a taste of tantric yoga and explore your sexuality [don’t worry, it’s a purely mental process]. Yogis, bring a mat and an open mind.

Holly Smith

Manchester '22

Passionate about all things mental health, sustainable, feminist and LGBTQ+