This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.
Gorilla
54-56 Whitworth St W, Manchester
0161 407 0301

££

Manchester is home to a rapidly expanding group of cool restaurants, which cater to the cities large student population. Set in a railway arch situated below the Oxford Road Station, Gorilla is one of Manchester’s favoured hot spots for great food in a fantastic location. The inside of Gorilla is lined with woodwork from the station above, giving it a cosy urban rustic feel. A great place for after-uni grub, the menu boasts everything from delicious Sunday roasts, to their infamous succulent burgers. The restaurant oozes character and diners can enjoy the delicious food whilst taking in the interesting surroundings. 

In the day, Gorilla boasts a relaxed atmosphere, pulling in those who you would see in the Northern Quarter. At night, the place comes alive, taking a livelier turn. Behind the restaurant lies the Gorilla nightclub – a small venue that boasts a lineup of fantastic acts. If you are looking for a great night, look no further! We have found you one of the best live venues in Manchester. Favoured over other nightclubs, the drinks are cheap and the crowd is always friendly. There are numerous fans placed cleverly throughout, keeping you cool whilst you dance the night away. 

You’ll thank us later! 

(Photo credits to designmynight.com, thegreedygirl.com)