This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

There is nothing better than finding household staples to use in place of your empty beauty product bottles. Here are 5 of the ones we love!

1. Wearing nail varnish for too long can discolour your nails. A tablespoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon mixed into a paste then left on your nails for 10 minutes = discolouring gone!
  1. Honey and sugar lip scrub. Lips get dry and cracked, especially at this time of year. This homemade scrub will gently exfoliate your lips, removing the dead skin. Do it before you go to bed and then apply a layer of honey overnight to hydrate your lips!
  1. Running out of shaving cream before a night out is not ideal. Use conditioner as a replacement and your legs will be even smoother. It would be a crime not to get them out!
  1. Fake tan always leaves you feeling slimly and sticky. Hairdry your body after applying it to help speed up drying. Also it warms you up after standing there naked for a good few minutes!  
  1. Comb your eyelashes between each layer of mascara you apply. I’ve found it lengthens and stops clumping! Just remember to clean the comb after every use. 

(Photo credits: Pinterest) 

Miriam Peers

Manchester

2nd year Fashion student at The University of Manchester