Culture > News

BREAKING: Reported Stabbing at Manchester Academy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

It has been reported that a stabbing has taken place inside Manchester Academy at a Popcaan gig. The venue was initially placed on lockdown before being closed early due to the incident.

Twitter users have spoken about the event, saying the Jamaican dancehall artist performed four songs before people in the crowd started freaking out and he was promptly taken off stage. Concert goers were evacuated and reported seeing large numbers of armed police and ambulances outside the venue.

@PopcaanMusic sooo gutted gig was cut short, hoping everyone is safe from what seemed to be a violent incident

— Kathryn Oxley (@kathryn_oxley) December 7, 2018

Someone just got stabbed @popcaan concert in Manchester ?

— Tia Maria (@tia_maria11) December 7, 2018

Cut short midway through popcaan. Was very scary. Everyone freaked then popcaan was taken off stage very promptly. Think it was a stabbing due to the amount of police and armed police, ambulances outside etc

More details concerning the incident will follow.

Bec Oakes

Manchester '20

A third-year English Language student and Campus Correspondent / Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at University of Manchester with a love for clothes, cats and crime documentaries. In my spare time I enjoy blogging, skiing in a mediocre manner and putting things in online shopping baskets before hastily abandoning them.