8 ‘Productive’ Things To Do When Procrastinating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

1. Paint your nails

Who doesn’t want pretty nails? They make you feel 10 times better. Paint them once, change your mind on the colour, and paint them again! Or just paint them multi-coloured!

2. Write lists consisting of what you will do tomorrow, or the day after…

This way, you don’t have to waste time tomorrow, or the day after, making lists. Spend time making it pretty; so pretty that when it comes to reading it, you can’t. Then waste more time making a new, less pretty list the next day. 

3. Move your bedroom furniture around

That’s if it is tidy enough to! If not, tidy it first and then you will have a ‘tidy room, tidy mind’ when you come to do work the next day. 

4. Pin, pin and pin some more

Pinterest is great for procrastinating. Make it more productive by maybe slightly linking it to your work somehow… or your wardrobe… or your future house. Anything really!

5. Go around the world on Google street view

This is productive in the form of helping with choosing your next holiday destination… and just generally to see what places are like. You never know when you’ll need to know about the back streets of Kazakhstan’s capital…

6. Learn a popular music video dance routine using Youtube videos

We all wish we could do the Beyoncé Single Ladies dance. Now’s your chance. Think about it, you’re learning a super sexy routine and exercising at the same time, how much more productive could you get! 

7. Try out a new hairstyle

So you are all ready for your next big night out, try something new with your hair and perfect it. That way, when you come to do it before a night out you won’t need to stress, or take umpteen hours to do it! Use Youtube videos or step-by-step guides to help. 

8. Lastly, do nothing!

It may seem like a complete waste of time, but sometimes you need to just relax and simply do nothing but lay there. You will feel so much better when you eventually get round to doing work. 

(Photo credits to: Pinterest.com) 

Miriam Peers

Manchester

2nd year Fashion student at The University of Manchester