5 Things We Wish We Could Throw on the Bonfire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

Remember, remember the fifth of November. It’s Bonfire Night, a day commemorating the arrest of Guy Fawkes for trying the blow up the House of Lords. Tonight, Platts Field Park will be holding it’s annual celebrations and although they don’t allow attendees to throw things on the bonfire, here are five things we’d like to see the world without.

Ghosting

Despite the playful name, ghosting can be really painful for its victim. We think it’s about time people start respecting each other and kindly exiting relationships by being direct and honest, no matter how casual the connection was.

Slut-Shaming

It’s 2018 – perhaps it’s time to stop the slut-shaming, especially girl-on-girl. In the wise words of Tina Fey, “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores, it just makes it OK for guys to call you sluts and whores.” Let your fellow women live their lives!

9am Lectures

There’s nothing worse than having to drag yourself out of bed at 7am to make it into uni for 9am. You’re tired, grumpy and possibly hungover so it’s not surprise that research shows 9am starts often lead to underperforming in young adults. Let us sleep!

Brexit

Campaigns were full of lies, the voting margin was a mere 3.8 percent and two years later, nothing has actually happened. Also, nobody actually knows what the fuck it is.

Donald Trump

Well, he’s just a bit of a dick, isn’t he?

Bec Oakes

Manchester '20

A third-year English Language student and Campus Correspondent / Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at University of Manchester with a love for clothes, cats and crime documentaries. In my spare time I enjoy blogging, skiing in a mediocre manner and putting things in online shopping baskets before hastily abandoning them.