freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Break-ups can be hard.

No matter who broke-up with who, we sometimes become caught up in the memories of what we once had. There is nothing wrong with that, because break-ups are a process. If you want to speed up the process and lessen the gloomy thoughts, emotional nights, and sad music, let me give you the reasons as to why you are better off. 

1. YOU BROKE UP FOR A REASON 

The issue with break-ups is that no matter who breaks-up with who, the good memories always haunt us. The songs you used to be able to listen to become overwhelming, the nights are lonely, and conversations with others become dull. You are too caught up in moments that have passed, that you aren’t remembering why those moments are just memories now. 

Every relationship breaks off for a reason, no matter if it was by you or your partner. You need to realize that either way an issue that was unrepairable was detected in your relationship and was significant enough for it end. No matter the reason, hold onto it, understand it, and accept it. The faster you accept the reasoning behind your break-up, the easier it will be for you to move on. 

2. YOU DON’T NEED HIM

This is something that is hard to understand in the moment. When we are young and caught up in someone, we think a break-up is the end of the world. Fortunately, it is not. There is a lot more going for you in your life than the boy that you once loved.

Life is a whirlwind of pressures and opportunities that you will encounter. Just because one door closes, does not mean another will not open. We are young and plenty of doors will open after this one, career doors, friend doors, and even lover doors. I tell you this to further instate that you do not need him, since who wants to approach a closed-door verses one open and willing?

3. THERE’S ACTUALLY OTHER FISH IN THE SEA

You’ve heard this before, but I want you to take it seriously. If there was such a significant reason to break you and your partner up, then there is someone else better out there for you. It’s as simple as that. The point is that if your relationship was strong and meant to be, then the relationship would not have ended. You need to accept this and understand that The One will build a relationship with you that won’t break.

As Maren Morris once said, “The house don’t fall when the bones are good.” This is a true statement that you should remember post break-up. Someone who is meant to be with you will have a strong relationship with you, and when things get hard you work together to keep it together. No matter your ex-partner’s appearance, personality, or the sexual chemistry, The One will always have open arms out to you and will never let you feel the way you feel right now.

Janelle is the Founder & Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Lynn University. She obtained her B.A. in Multimedia Journalism during the Fall of 2020. As a creative and versatile individual, she finds herself excelling in both (creative) writing and digital media. When she is not surfing through runway shows on her iPad, she is on Twitter catching up on the latest social trends. She looks forward to working for a major magazine upon graduation within a marketing or editorial role.