Words of Encouragement for Anyone Who Needs a Little Lift-Me-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Are you confused, sad, or angry? Are you discovering a new experience or an old ongoing issue? Are you happy and feel confident and at peace in your own skin? Do you love reading pick me ups to feel better about your life? If you answered yes or no, just keep reading! 

You Are Beautiful  

Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful. What you see on the outside is what you look like, so you must accept and love yourself for peace about your image. Feeling confident and proud of how you look will show and make others want to strive for that confidence. Your body is yours and not anybody else’s. No two people are the same, so do not compare; instead, compliment, encourage and spread positivity and allow yourself to love your reflection and celebrate others.   

Your Life Is How It’s Supposed to Be Right Now   

Whether your life is going how you want it or down a path you didn’t expect, things are how they are supposed to be. Each part of your life is a stepping stone for the next part; you just don’t know it yet. You can hope for your future and imagine your life, but you cannot plan it and expect everything and every person to know your plan. Enjoy the surprises and lessons life has to offer. Enjoy the present and look forward to the surprise of tomorrow.   

People Love You  

If you feel alone and don’t feel like you are supported or even loved by others, listen up. You are loved. You may ask, how would you know? I know someone loves everyone. Your dog loves you and appreciates all you do for him by showing his affection with a cuddle. Your local grocery store worker loves how you help others carry their bags to their car. Your professor loves how much effort you put into your work; the child who saw you walking on the beach loves how you made him laugh with a funny joke. What I’m trying to say is even if you don’t think you are loved or appreciated and you have nobody, chances are you are being too hard on yourself and aren’t opening your eyes up to the people around you that you are bringing joy too. To feel less alone, close your eyes and think in detail about at least one person you impacted on any level.  

Just Because You Have Had a Rocky Month Doesn’t Mean Your life Is Terrible

People may complain about their day being awful because of an event that ruins their mood and thoughts which  may  affect their week, and next thing you know, it’s their month, and now their life is terrible. So because you are having a tough month, you think your life is awful? I am here to say that I understand your month is not going your way, and there may be events that have impacted your life but telling yourself, and those around you that you don’t have a good life will start to convince your mind and you may find yourself in a confusing spiral. Separate your bad month from your life. All your accomplishments and happy times don’t deserve to be outshone. We all struggle, trust me the struggles are real, and they also aren’t forever. Maybe you have figured this out and need a little refresher, whatever you may be feeling remember not to discredit moments that were going your way. Be less harsh on yourself for your past and future self. 

I am here to tell you that you are doing fantastic with whatever life is bringing you. Keep pushing forward. Take time for yourself, love yourself, appreciate your accomplishments, and allow yourself to feel confident and proud  of small achievements. Small achievements are what keep people going.

Ava Margolis grew up in New Jersey and now resides in South Florida. Margolis attends Lynn University where she studies Multimedia Journalism. Margolis plans to continue her education to become a therapist for children. She is outgoing, compassionate, and an adventurous person who loves sharing her passions with others.