This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It is that time of year, when assignments start to populate under the assignments tab, classes are in session, and due dates are quickly approaching. Cortisol levels skyrocket and all nighters are in (as if). Teachers placing demands, having ridiculous expectations, and having to advocate for yourself screams the Devil Wears Prada. Now, the fun part of school starting is the school supplies; that’s a no brainer. Every situation has it’s silver lining, right?

So today let’s look at 10 ways to find a brightside for when the bell rings!

Get a Planner

It does not have to be physical, and this might sound like something Dr. Strange would say, but see time. When we write out the things we have to get done it helps us visualize our goals. Having incentives to work and seeing what we have going on reminds us of all the little things we have to look forward to.

Meditate

Yes, stress is part of the process. If we can take the time to find our center then it becomes clear that the source of our worries is temporary. Grounding ourselves is key to the productivity that will ultimately lead us to success.

Work It Out

For those of us who find it hard to find our peace of mind, try to physically shake it out. Find the workout that is right for you and not only will your homework be thanking you, but so will your body. Stress and anger can bring out the worst in us, and I’m not talking about zits, like how we tend to clench our fists. Exercise is vital to maintaining a clear mind and a stable body.

Socialize

With all the chaos of work it is easy to put our social life on the backburner. Don’t hide behind your computer screen when there is more to do than work. We work hard so we can play harder. Remember, life is short and sweet so it is our job as people to make the most of it.

Get in those Z’s

Sleep… it is our bodies way to replenish our energy after a hectic day. We must learn to turn off our brains so that we can rest up for the following day. As simple as it is to pull an all nighter, there is enough time in a day to get it all done. We must allow ourselves to rest so that we can tackle the week’s work.

Find the Zone

Have you ever felt almost entranced in what you were doing so much that the world fades away? That is the zone, and also the stairway to accomplishment.  Find a setting that works for you and tune out the rest of the world. Establish a relationship between you and the task at hand and make it mean something to you. The zone is not a terrifying rollercoaster like the one in Disney World, in fact, it is a safe space where work gets done and nothing else matters.

Talk to Your Teacher

They have lives too and are willing to work with you so that the job can get done. If you are worried or have questions, it never hurts to ask. Need an extension, just explain your situation and it will all work out the way it is supposed to. No matter what, give it your all and the universe will help you out with the rest, if not it falls on the professor. 

Live a Little

We get so caught up in all our responsibilities we forget to take time for ourselves. Find the hobbies that you enjoy, and just sit back for the ride. If we forget to love ourselves, then what is the point of working so hard. Push your limits and respect your space; these boundaries need to help you establish a work-life balance so that you don’t go into over drive or worse crash and burn.

Channel the Energizer Bunny

When our body is in fight or flight mode we tend to accomplish the impossible. Sometimes when we are under pressure the same effect occurs. Now I am not encouraging procrastination, what I mean to express is that when we are in tune with our output capabilities then we are aware of how much we can achieve in a day. May the force be with you in all that you do so that you can do it with the best version of yourself.

Look Fabulous While Doing It All!

Being put together never hurt anyone. In fact, making your bed and getting ready for the day is part of the routine. Just because there is not a lot of time does not mean you have to schlep around in a hoodie and sweats. If you establish a dress code for yourself and find balance in all that you do, then success is at your fingertips. Looking good has never been so easy especially if it is part of what helps you get through the day.

School is always a little rough for everyone. The habits we have from our first day of school determine our outlook on education for the rest of our lives. So you do you, and figure out what helps get you through the school year. Stop waiting for the bell to ring and create your own schedule to help you melt the stress away.

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.