Style > Beauty

Viral TikTok Beauty Products You NEED To Try If You’re On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

In the past few years, TikTok has taken the world by storm! On the app, you can find all sorts of content from tips on finding a career to dances and comedy. However, one of the most popular types of content on TikTok is makeup and beauty. The app has led to the rise in popularity of many creators, and different products. Here are some viral TikTok beauty products the pros say you should make part of your daily routine, that is, if you can get your hands on them!

Elf “Poreless Putty” Primer

Face primers have always been a very hit or miss item in the beauty community. Many popular creators say they swear by it and that it helps their skin look fresh and better when applied under a foundation, but some are still skeptical. However, when Elf Cosmetics released their Poreless Putty Primer, the internet was taken by storm. For months it was nearly impossible to find this product anywhere, it was even selling out in seconds online! Although the primer was extremely hard to find, those who got their hands on it stated it was very similar to the “Tacha Silk Canvas Primer” which has been a staple in many people’s beauty routine for years. The Tacha primer costs $52 for .07 ounces, while the Elf primer sits at $8 and has 0.74 ounces of product. With a price like that, you need to incorporate this silky smooth primer into your daily makeup routine!

Nyx “Shine Loud” Pro Pigment Lip Shine

One of the biggest complaints from regular lipgloss wearers is that the product fades almost immediately and transfers very easily. That’s why when Nyx Cosmetics released their Shine Loud Pro Pigment Lip Shine the internet went crazy. The product has two sides, one being a liquid pigment, and the other, a clear gloss top coat. The gloss claims to be long wearing and completely transfer proof. Almost immediately after the release, videos began to circulate on TikTok of popular creators testing out the product, in awe of how well it worked. The “Shine Loud” lipstick flew off the shelves at every beauty retailer, and is still very hard to find. Therefore, if you’re looking for a pigmented smudge proof lip gloss, and just happen to see one while you’re out on your next shopping spree, I highly encourage you to try it out. For a product that is only $12 what do you have to loose?

Tree Hut “Sugar Scrub”

Another subcategory of beauty videos on TikTok is daily routine videos. In the Winter of 2020, many TikTokers began posting videos of products they like to keep their skin silky smooth during the dry cold months, the main one being the Tree Hut Sugar Scrub. Although this product has been around for awhile, it just recently gained popularity through the app. This product is only $8.99 and comes in so many amazing scents with everything from cotton candy, to mocha coffee bean, coconut lime, and more! This product is still very hard to find, but I was able to find it at a local Publix in the Moroccan Rose scent. If you can find this product at your local drug store or at a beauty shop, I highly recommend picking it up!

Maybelline “Sky High” Mascara

In the past several years drug store brands have completely dominated the makeup industry and crushed the negative connotation that goes with buying drug store makeup. The Maybelline Sky High mascara began to gain popularity on TikTok at the beginning of 2021. Many influencers stated that this mascara was life changing and left them wondering how one could ever spend more than $20 on a mascara ever again. You can find this amazing mascara at your drug store but I got lucky at a local Ulta Beauty when I saw it stocked for the first time in months. This beauty necessity only costs $11.49 and will make your lashes look like a million bucks!

Revlon “Oil Absorbing Volcanic Face Roller”

Dealing with oily skin can be a struggle, especially when having to choose between using blotting sheets that will mess with your makeup or grabbing a matte foundation and hoping for the best. That’s why Revlon came out with the Oil Absorbing Volcanic Face Roller, a sphere of pumice stone in a roller that soaks up all excess oil on your face without ruining your makeup. As somebody who suffers from an oily t-zone, when I first heard about this product I thought it was too good to be true, but once I got my hands on it I was amazed at how true the product’s claims were. Plus it’s only $12.99 and is super easy to clean. This product is essential to having flawless base makeup if you struggle with oily skin throughout the day and it is the one beauty item I always have in my purse!

TikTok has been an amazing platform for makeup lovers to share their favorite products and help you save some money on your next shopping spree! It is unarguable that the rise of the app has given so many creators a voice to help others with their beauty routines, and I have no doubt that there will be many more trendy products from TikTok in the future.

Sydney Burke is a Freshman at Lynn University studying multimedia journalism. She is from Natick, Massachusetts and hopes to gain lots of experience while in Florida for college. In the future, Sydney hopes to become a sports analyst/ broadcaster for the National Basketball Association or National Football League. In her free time she enjoys doing creative and bold makeup looks, shopping, and going to the beach with friends. You can follow her makeup Instagram page @makeupbysburke or her personal page @syd_burke and her professional Twitter page @mediabysburke.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.