This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The love story of Sophie and Joe has been a rollercoaster ride, with the whole world watching their every move. The headlines have been ablaze with their divorce and custody drama, as Sophie fought for her kids to come back to the U.K. where they had already settled in. Joe, however, had taken the little ones on tour and refused to let them go back home, making for a legal tug-of-war.

On September 21st Sophie filed a petition in Manhattan federal court demanding that their two children return to England, even though Joe had already filed for a divorce a few weeks back. On October 10th Jonas and Turner both came to a custody agreement that the children will spend time with both parents in the US & U.K.. In one of my recent articles about Joe & Sophie divorce gives out a timeline of where they started and what went downhill.(https://www.hercampus.com/school/lynn/this-is-an-sos-joe-jonas-and-sophie-turner-are-divorcing-after-four-years-of-marriage/). However a lot more information came to the news about their divorce and apparently the couple had already found their “forever home” in England. They even picked out a school for their three year old daughter and were planning to permanently settle there. 

Sophie and Joe moved to England in April 2023, renting until they could purchase the house of their dreams, Turner claimed. Sophie insists that the girl’s lives are in England: They have family and friends, play dates, and doctors and dentists. However The kids left England in August to travel with Joe on his U.S. tour, but this was meant to be only temporary. After Jonas refused to give back the passports to Sophie that is when she filed a petition to bring her children back to England. Turner and Jonas, according to the new documents, the couple engaged in a mediation from Oct. 4-7, leading to a new custody plan. Turner will have custody of the children from October 9 to October 21, and they will be permitted to travel throughout the United States and England. Jonas has the same travel rules for his time with the kids, the first period of which is October 21 to November 2. Turner then has the children November 2–22, Jonas takes another turn from November 22 to December 16, and then Turner has custody over the holidays, from December 16 to January 7. The couple is to undergo another mediation and submit a letter with a status update and further custody plans by December 23, before the interim plan has run its full course. As for the public, the news that came out on October 10th stating that the couple settled their custody battle in court released a statement to the press After a productive and successful mediation, we have agreed that the children will spend time equally in loving homes in both the U.S. and the U.K. We look forward to being great co-parents.”. 

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.