This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

2021 is finally here bringing back the shows we have been waiting for and even bringing some new ones that are ready to be debuted! According to Variety, we have some upcoming projects from Marvel as well as a special reunion from everyone’s favorite tv show: FRIENDS. Oh, and let’s not forget about the reboot of Gossip Girl on HBO Max and so much more! I made a list of shows coming for 2021, so here you go, (you’re welcome):

FRIENDS Reunion Special 

According to Variety the reunion is set to schedule in March and will be available at HBO Max. “The Reunion Special” will consist of the cast doing a panel and looking back on the series. Let’s be honest: who doesn’t want to see our six favorite friends on TV again?

Gossip Girl Reboot 

Next, we have the reboot of Gossip Girl airing on HBO Max with the date to be determined. The show will feature a new group of elite high schoolers on the Upper East Side and I can’t wait to see the new scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite. As for the cast, Kristen Bell will take her lead role in being the voice of Gossip Girl. Unfortunately, none of the cast members will be returning, but they do have a brand new diverse cast who will play the roles of Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodsen, Chuck Bass, and Nate Archibald.

Marvel’s Upcoming Projects 

Coming up, Marvel has been working alongside Disney Plus on new projects, “The Falcon” and “The Winter Soldier and Hawkeye.” If you like superheroes as much as I do then we are definitely in for a good time!

All American, Season 3

The show returned on January 13th on the CW. All American is a sports drama television series. This new season picks up with Spencer James trying to balance his personal life and the football team. Spencer is also trying to do right by his community and the people he loves by not turning his back on them.

9-1-1, Season 4 and 9-1-1: Lone Star, Season 2

The show returned on January 18th on FOX. It is about firefighters doing their daily routine as well as living through a pandemic. For both shows we are expected to see the characters become closer during these tough times.

Good Trouble, Season 3

Good Trouble returns February 17th on Freeform. It is a spinoff of the series “The Fosters”. The show follows the lives of Callie and Marina Foster as they enter into adulthood and start their new lives in Los Angeles, California. Marina works for a fancy Tech company that is very male- dominated. As for Cali she works for a law term and has to face the reality of the legal system. Both girls live in a community space and we get to meet their roommates being introduced to their storylines as well!

The Flash, Season 7

The Flash returns March 2nd on the CW. It is about a man named Barry Allen who wakes up from a coma and is given the superpower of speed. He becomes “the flash” and he fights crime in the central city. 

Along with those, we have Law and Order SVU (Special Victim Unit), Chicago PD, Fire and Med all on Network (NBC) which returned in January already. As for Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 on Network (ABC), they will not be returning till March.

I am very happy with the new list of shows coming out! I look forward to when it is their day to show a new episode, especially during these times with COVID and online school, it really helps to disconnect and relax! Since a lot of these shows are on streaming websites, if you are not already signed up for a streaming service you can always watch on television and record a series. But, if not, I suggest starting off with Hulu or Amazon Prime cause those streaming services have those channels so you can keep up with the binge watching of your favorite show. 

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.