Have you ever looked at a situation that appeared to be so big in the moment, and in hindsight it was just a microscopic piece to a larger puzzle?

Well my dear readers, I am here to tell you that everything happens for a reason. Our decisions in tough circumstances shape who we become. The adversities of life are part of a cosmic process we may not understand. There are tarot cards to predict fate, crystal balls to look at your future, and what if I were to tell you that a magical magnifying glass were to exist?

You may be thinking to yourself, “has this woman gone madder than the Mad Hatter himself? Magical magnifying glasses are not a thing.”  That is unless you are some sort of Sherlock Holmes, of course. That leaves you to ponder what I am referring to then, and it may sound a bit more realistic. Perspective is this magical magnifying glass that was previously mentioned.

See, not a bunch of hocus pocus. We tend to let ourselves be small minded with a fear of looking at the world around us. When we open our eyes and truly observe our surroundings, it becomes clear that everyone carries baggage with them through the airport of life. Our fears and worries cloud our judgement and create turbulence on the journey from point A to point B where self-growth is happening.

“Your perspective 

will either become your 

prison or your

passport.”

— Steven Furtick

Our views shape our opinions and perceptions, and we must often be willing to alter the version of reality we see. The obstacles we have to face can only make you stronger and increase the gratitude for the fortune that comes in life. You cannot take the good without the bad and vice versa; life is about finding that healthy balance where your perspective brings a positive energy to bring you overall peace. 

The thoughts we have in our head turn into actions that we put out in the world; if we have negative thoughts, we are designing a self-fulfilling prophecy. The power of positivity is that it brings with it rewarding outcomes. If the cup is always half empty, then there is no room for positive growth in your life. Perspective is a mindset that can only be embraced by each individual to accentuate the beauty of life. We must realize that the world is not all rainbows and unicorns and define the line between reality and optimism.

When we see the world through rose colored glasses, then we are able to part ways with the idea that the  grass is greener on the other side. It is using that magical magnifying glass to uncover the truth about the reality instead of letting the fear of failure consume you. Curiosity may have killed the cat, and the other half of the saying is commonly forgotten about, but satisfaction brought it back.

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.