The Best Halloween Episodes From Your Favorite Tv Shows! 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Spooky Season is here and Halloween is only a few weeks away! Some people like getting dressed up and going out and then people like me would rather sit on the couch, eat candy and watch some spooky tv shows! So for those who are planning to go all out on the couch this year here are the best Halloween episodes from your favorite tv shows! 

Friends: “The One With The Halloween Party” (Season 8, Episode 6) 

I was not the biggest fan of friends but I do love a good Halloween episode. Monica and Chandler decide to host a Halloween party where Ross tragically shows up dressed as a spud…nik. No one gets his costume and he was not happy throughout the episode. If anything, this is a great show to watch for costume inspiration. Also nothing beats Joey showing up dressed like Chandler. Iconic. 

One Tree Hill: “An Attempt To Tip The Scales” (Season 3, Episode 4) 

Were you even truly living in the early 2000s if you were not tuning in to One Tree Hill every week. In this episode Hailey comes back from being on tour to reconnect with Nathan. Lucas wants to win Brooke over with his “killer” Halloween costume and dresses up as “Tommy Lee” . I think that says enough about how their relationship turns out. Peyton being her artsy dramatic self dressing up as the angel of death and her dad giving her a hard time with her choice of outfit. Anyways this Halloween party took place at an underage nightclub TRIC, where Fall Out Boy casually performs. 

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: “Halloween” (Season 2, Episode 6) 

Buffy The Vampire Slayer is an oldie but also a goodie. This show follows Buffy, in high school who disembowels people with snarky one-liners by day and slays vampires by night. What a classic! This show contains more monsters and vampires than every episode makes it feels like Halloween. Although in season 2 the Halloween episode is truly something else. In order to get her man or “Vampire” she has a crush on and she dresses up as someone from his youth. It is one of those shows where you just gotta trust the process and next thing you are in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

Gossip Girl: “The Witches of Bushwick” (Season 4, Episode 9) 

The Thanksgiving episodes are so popular that I honestly forgot about their juicy Halloween episodes. Their Halloween party takes place at Chuck’s Saints and Sinners masquerade party at the Empire Hotel and it is PEAK Gossip Girl in terms of fashion and fighting. It’s a very Serena-heavy episode in the sense that Jenny and friends try to overthrow her while Nate and Dan both try to woo her. Also, Chuck and Blair are there and are perfect. 

Awkward: “That Girl Strikes Again” (Season 3, Episode 6)

It was the early 2000s that MTV was bringing out banger tv shows and Awkward was definitely one of them. Being an unpopular girl who dates the hottest guy in school is something Jenna struggles with on the daily, but this Halloween episode was truly a turn up for Jenna. She tries to revamp her image by crashing a Halloween party, but soon finds that true change happens on the inside regardless of what Halloween costumes can conceal. 

While you usually might think of watching your favorite horror films during the spooky season, don’t sleep on TV shows. There are so many episodes that will put you in the holiday spirit.

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.