This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Adjusting to college life can be hard for many reasons. Being away from home, or from your friends can be every emotional especially during a time like now where unnecessary travel is not encouraged. It’s important to stay connected, but at times FaceTime, texting, and phone calls can get boring and repetitive. I’ve put together some cute and fun ideas to stay connected with friends and family.

Disney Plus GroupWatch

Disney+ launched its GroupWatch feature in 2020. This feature allows for up to seven people to watch the same movie or TV show at the same time from anywhere. It works by starting a group and a link will come up that you can share with everyone to watch. It even has an option of different emojis to react to your show or movie! However, you and everyone invited will need a Disney+ account to join. 

House Party App

House Party is an app that allows you to video call multiple people and play games like Cards Against Humanity, Pictionary, trivia, Heads Up, and even karaoke. You can make this really fun and different! For example, you can have themed party nights, competition, and team nights. This one is sure to bring a lot of laughs and good memories.

Virtual Concerts & Events 

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic many events were held virtually and many more are planned. For example, many virtual events for Broadway Cares, an organization with a goal to find a cure for HIV/AIDS, are normally free with any dollar amount donation. Not only are you going to an amazing event with a friend but also donating to an incredible cause.

Send Letters & Care Packages

Sending a letter is something no one really thinks about anymore. Obviously, it’s not the most convenient way to communicate with someone but it’s definitely an exciting surprise to get. Care packages as well; I love sending my friend cookies I make, and it always makes her day! You can put whatever you want in your care package and even decorate the box. Normally what I put in mine are some of their favorite candy, a little toy that reminds me of them, scrunchies, chap stick, and a note. I like doing care packages because you can really make them your own style.   

Being away from your friends and family can be extremely difficult but doing these kinds of activities can help with feeling so far away. I hope these help you feel a little closer to the ones you love. 

Bryanna is a Junior at Lynn University majoring in Fashion and Retail with a Minor in Psychology. This is Bryanna's first year written for Her Campus at Lynn and she is very excited to share her ideas with everyone. She has a passions for Disney, theatre, make up, and baking. One of her biggest goals is to make others happy though what she creates. Her biggest dream is to be a costume designer for Broadway Musicals.