This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The last time we heard from The Chainsmokers was two years ago when they announced they would be taking a hiatus to create their fourth album.

The Chainsmokers is an electronic duo with members Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall. If you think you haven’t heard of them, you definitely heard some of  their hit songs “Closer,” “Roses,” “Something Just Like This,” “Don’t Let Me Down,” and many more.  

At the beginning of this month, their Tik Tok account was active with videos of “The Chainsmokers.” Fans were quick to notice there was something different with the electronic duo. They looked completely different than they used to! For a week, videos were posted from The Chainsmokers’ look-alikes. Fans came up with different conspiracy theories on what happened with the real The Chainsmokers. Some of these conspiracy theories were that Drew and Alex got plastic surgery. The Chainsmokers account commented on one of those videos “Why would we mess with perfection?” Another fan theory fans had was that the original Chainsmokers died and were replaced. The Chainsmokers dueted the video saying that theory went far as they are clearly alive and well.

On January 13th, a video was uploaded following the look-alikes creating the fourth album. At the end of the video, the real The Chainsmokers are revealed that they are back! Drew and Alex wanted to see if people knew what they actually looked like so they decided to come up with this look alike switch act. For fans who are worried that the band is changing you can relax. Drew and Alex are not going anywhere and the hired actors will not be replacing them.  

The Chainsmokers have been teasing their new song “High” all over social media. The release date of the new song and album is still to be announced. While there is no date for the latest music, The Chainsmokers are not wasting any time to perform. They will be playing at several clubs in the United States and Europe at the beginning of this year.  

The Chainsmokers have an exciting and busy year ahead of them. What about you? Did you notice any changes between the band members?

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.