This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

TikTok is now the new social media empire, with over one billion users. TikTok is filled with content for everyone. It is an amazing platform to showcase your talent and promote your work. Many artists have been showing the music they have been creating in hopes of having people enjoy them. I have discovered so many amazing songs through the platform and some of them have become my new favorite songs. TikTok has so many growing artists with amazing  songs and they should be heard. Here’s my top  six songs I’ve discovered on TikTok that are worth your time to listen to.  

House on Fire  

Mimi Webb  

Recently when scrolling on TikTok, I kept seeing House on Fire being promoted before the release. I decided to download the song and wait for it to come out after hearing the sneak peek several times. That was a good decision made by me. After listening to House on Fire for the hundredth time, I decided to see what other songs Mimi Webb has done, and let me say: I am obsessed. All of Mimi’s songs are amazing, and she definitely has no bad songs. Mimi Webb is now one of my new favorite female artists! After doing some research, I discovered that Webb and Tate McRae are going on tour together starting this March.  

She’s All I Wanna Be  

Tate McRae 

Tate McRae is known for her hit song You Broke Me First, but when promoting her new single, she decided to bring it to TikTok. She decided to drop a sneak peek of the song to see if fans would like it. Fans, myself included, became obsessed with the sneak peek and demanded the song to be dropped. If Tate hadn’t promoted the song on TikTok, I probably would not have heard about my new favorite song. 

Finger Crossed  

Elijah Woods  

After listening to Elijah Woods’s own version of Tate McRae’s She’s All I Wanna Be, I got hooked to the artist. Elijah Woods has a way of adding new lyrics to songs, and this new lyrics fit the songs perfectly. Finger Crossed is a song sung by Canadian singer Lauren Spencer-Smith. Elijah Woods came up with his own lyrics following the melody of the original song, and it sounds incredible. Just saying, Lauren and Elijah should combine both lyrics and create a duet.  

Echo 

Alexander Stewart   

There is something about Echo by Alexander Stewart that is just amazing. Every time the chorus hits, I just want to sing it out. This song is super underrated but so wonderful. Every time Alexander Stewart posts a video of him singing, he pours his soul into it.

Bad Day  

Justus Bennetts  

When Justus Bennetts dropped a sneak peek of Bad Day, everyone loved it. People all over TikTok were relating to this song about someone who hurt them and betrayed them. The song is short but amazing to scream out loud. 

Over  

Andi 

This was the first song I took the time to go and listen to after seeing it all over my “For You” page. When seeing it all over my page, I just resonated with the song and wanted to listen to the full piece.. Screaming out the lyrics of Over in the car is so satisfying and a must-try for all. 

All of these songs had shown up on my “For You” page several times before I stopped and listened to the whole song, and let me just say I am so glad I did. 

What about you? Have you discovered any songs through TikTok too?  

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.