ian schneider TamMbr4okv4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ian schneider TamMbr4okv4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Signs You’re In Your Dream Career Path

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Choosing the path to follow for the rest of your life or a certain amount of years can be intimidating. Feeling doubt or having second thoughts about whether this is the right place to focus your efforts on is absolutely normal; however, sometimes you may be in a great place yet feeling anxious about what is to come. Whether it concerns picking your university major or an upcoming job opportunity, seeing the signs that you are in the right path will make you feel a million times better. If you want the anxiety of knowing whether you’re in the “right path” to dwindle away, keep reading! 

Naturally Gifted! 

A tell-tale sign that you are in your dream career path is your natural ability to do amazing work within your field. Whether it is business, arts, sciences, or a new opportunity; your capacity to effortlessly put in the work and generate great results is a clear sign that you are where you belong. Not to be confused with not doing work and reaping benefits, being naturally gifted means that all of your efforts come to fruition effectively. Usually, others would notice this natural inclination and may compliment you on it. 

Money… Matters?

Okay let’s be honest here, of course money matters when it comes to employment or a new career path. However, a sign that you are in an ideal path is your desire to do work for more than just monetary retribution. You feel that getting paid is just a bonus to a job or activity that you already love to do. When you find a career path that allows you to do what you love, including payment, it feels nearly surreal. Following your dreams and being able to sustain your desired lifestyle is a dream package that doesn’t come to many. 

Expert Drive 

Another great sign to knowing if you’re in your dream career path is your desire to give your absolute best in every aspect that comes with the job. Having the feeling of wanting to excel in your current field is absolutely a sign that this path is a fit for you, particularly if this desire comes from wanting to develop creative ideas and passions of yours. Becoming an expert in what you do not only ties with motivation, but also with opening doors to bigger and better opportunities! 

Social Butterfly 

The work or career environment is essential to how comfortable one feels while taking on the experience at hand. Having great connections with your co-workers or peers is a great sign that you are in the right place, where friendly competition and feedback is encouraged and supported. Being open and happy enough to be a social butterfly in your current path is an amazing indicator of you finding a fitting career or educational path. 

I hope this list has helped wash the anxiety of this topic away, allowing you to see career and academic paths clearer. Although, like mentioned above, it’s normal to feel nervous and second guess new life experiences, understanding where you feel most comfortable and motivated is crucial. Never feel inclined to follow a career or major solely due to the wants of others, focus primarily on what you wish to gain from life and only go from there. I hope you find the career path that makes you the happiest, and truly are able to fulfill your biggest ambitions. 

Maite Grullon is a business and creative-oriented writer, currently a Sophomore/Junior majoring in Entrepreneurship at Lynn University under a 3 year intensive program. Maite is a seeker of leadership positions; being Academic Excellence Chair of Theta Phi Alpha sorority, member of the Lynn Leadership Institute, and a Student Admission Ambassador Leadership Team member. Maite holds many passions, ranging from writing to financial projects. However, it is the desire for success that inspires Maite the most.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.