Rihanna’s halftime show at the Super Bowl had fans wanting more

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Rihanna’s halftime show at the Super Bowl was Jaw-Dropping. She made her triumphant return to live performance on the biggest stage and did not disappoint. The 34-year-old singer entered the stage on a suspended platform above the field at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona rubbing her belly in an all-red bright outfit that appeared to show off a baby bump. She wore a stylish jumpsuit layered over a close-fitting bodysuit with a bralette over it. The singer’s outfit was a custom-made design by LOEWE. 

Fans all around the world were astonished by her belly and started speculating about Rihanna being pregnant, and they were right. Not long after her performance, she confirmed her new pregnancy. Rihanna and her partner, the rapper A$AP Rocky, are expecting their second child, and what better way to announce it than the halftime Show of the 57th Super Bowl in Glendale? The singer became the first performer to take the Super Bowl halftime stage pregnant.

After five years of being off-stage, the singer delighted us with a fantastic concert that included her best hits. She started with the song “B*tch Better Have My Money” and continued with “Where Have You Been?”, “Only Girl in the World” and continued until she closed with “Diamonds.” After singing 12 of her many hits, she left us wanting more.

Rihanna’s performance drew the highest number of viewers leaving Katy Perry’s performance in 2015 as the second most-watched Super Bowl halftime show recorded with 118.5 million viewers. Rihanna’s show, which included many of her most popular hits, such as “We Found Love” and “Umbrella,” had 118.7 million viewers across the world, which is 5.7 million more viewers than the game itself, which had 113 million views, although it was the highest viewership the Super Bowl game has seen in six years being the second most-watched behind the 2015 game which had 114.4 million viewers.

Hello, my name is Esther. I am from Panama City and currently living in Boca Raton, Florida. I love going out, working out, going to the beach and hanging out with my friends. A fun fact about me is that I speak three languages.