This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The devil works hard but the media works harder. The year 2022 was full of shocking and iconic moments. From the headlines and the gossip, the year 2022 was full of surprises. Here is a roundup of our favorite celebrity moments from 2022.

“The Slap” 

I believe this was a shock in Oscar award history. Will Smith slapping Chris Rock across the face leave the internet in utter shock? It started with a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith and well Mr. Will Smith did not find it funny. But the internet made memes and jokes for weeks about whether the slap was deserved or not.

The Cucumber

The Kardashian hit reality tv show on Hulu shows Kendall Jenner not being able to slice a cucumber and of course, the internet went wild, from memes to jokes to people trying to cut a cucumber the way famous Kendall Jenner did it was a memorable moment in 2022 she even dressed as a cucumber for one of her Halloween costumes as a joke.

It Seems Like Nobody Wants To Work Anymore

Raise your hand if you’ve been personally victimized by Kim Kardashian. In an interview with Variety, Kim Kardashian quotes “get up and start working” as her advice to other people who look up to her. As I said, the media works harder and it was taken out of context.

Rihanna a Queen

Not only is she headlining the 2023 Super Bowl but her iconic pregnancy was revealed and two new singles for the Black Panther movie she made in 2022!

Don’t Worry Darling

During the premier of “Don’t Worry Darling,” it seems the media is at it again with Harry Styles spitting on Chris Pine’s lap

Swifties Vs Ticketmaster

Celebrity Pop Star Taylor Swift is going on tour. In 2019 she debuted her new six albums and in 2022 announced she was going on her first tour in five years. Let’s just say Ticketmaster was quite the scam with delays, and inflating prices plus the presales!  Not only did Taylor have enough but literally “The Justice of Department” was done with them as well. 

A Legend Bob Saget

Early 2022, January 9th the news of Bob Saget’s death sent a shockwave through Hollywood and fans. Bob Saget was known as everyone’s favorite TV dad from “Full House”. In the industry, he was known for his kindness, generosity, and fantastic comedian talent. Rest In Peace

From the “Slap” to learning how to cut a cucumber or being personally victimized by Kim K, and even losing a legend, it is best to say this was the year of shocking and most iconic moments in celebrity history. From the headlines, the tea, and the drama I cannot wait to see what goes down in 2023.

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.