This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Here at Her Campus, I have gushed about my favorite rides at Disney and Universal equivalents. I went over hotels, restaurants, fun tips, and of course the rides! But I  have not talked about my personal favorite perks at both parks—the waterparks! At Disney they have two water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Both have insane theming, and are totally different from  each  other. At Universal, they have one waterpark called Volcano Bay. I personally believe that Volcano Bay most reminds me of Typhoon Lagoon because they both have similar themes and slides. But just because they are similar, doesn’t mean they are the same! So I gotta ask: are you team Typhoon Lagoon or team Volcano Bay?  

My favorite slides at Typhoon Lagoon are the storm slides. These body slides, meaning no raft needed, are quick and simple. These remind me of just regular slides that you could put into a pool at home. The next slide up on the intensity scale is Mayday Falls and Keelhaul Falls. Their most intensive, and very popular slide is called Humunga Kowabunga. Shoot down a 214 feet tube set at a 60 degree angle. If slides are not your thing, you can go to the lazy river called Castaway Creek where you can relax as you drift around in a 2000-foot-long mote-like pool. They also have a few major attractions that they are known for. My favorite is the Crush ‘N’ Gusher, a water-roller-coaster full of down-hill thrills. For family rides, they have Gangplank Falls, which is a raft ride for the whole family. Finally, they have a wave pool which is always packed, probably because it is one of their most popular attractions.  

At Volcano Bay, they have very similar rides. Just like the storm slides, they have Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides, but these have a lot more twists and turns. Also like Typhoon Lagoon, they have a lazy river called Kopiko Wai Winding River, similarly they have TeAwa the Fearless River which is a little faster paced than a regular lazy river. Unlike Typhoon Lagoon, they have more crazy waterslides like Tonga and Raki of Taniwha Tubes which are twin tub slides, and Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides which are pretty popular! Looking to do things with the whole family? Try racing in the Punga Racers single slides or Honu of the Honu ika Moana which is similar to Gangplank Falls. Finally, Ko’okiri Body Plunge can be considered to be one of their most famous rides because Universal is known for their drop slides. Watch as the floor beneath you disappears as you plunge into water and glide down a slide!  

Whether you are looking for thrills or just a way to relax, both Typhoon Lagoon at Disney and Volcano Bay at Universal has things for the whole family. So what are you waiting for? Grab a pal, pack a bag, and plunge into fun!  

Lily de Rooij is a senior this year at Lynn University. She love the connections and memories she has been able to make throughout the years here at HC. Her favorite part about being on the team, is coming up with new social media ideas and posts.