This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The work environment can be stressful, especially if you feel like you need to seek an extra push to motivate growth within your work or personal environment. Whether you have started a new job, you are a year-long employee, or a hopeful entrepreneur; everyone needs some key pieces of advice to ensure better levels of confidence and comfort in the work field. There is a secret code of work advice fit for every woman, ideal to take your money moves to the next level!

Build Your Network

Having great connections in the field you are working in is an essential tactic to grow! In the world of business, it’s all about quality, not quantity. Knowing the right group of people can bring in various opportunities, provide feedback, and take your business or work to the next level. Building a network is all about the quality of people you know, not necessarily about knowing hundreds of people in all types of fields. Interactions are short, but network connections can be forever.

You Are A Brand

Yep, you heard that right. You as an individual need to represent yourself as a brand for your employers or employees along with your clients. The image you want people to perceive from you is what you are able to market in order to build strong relationships in the business environment and make your work seem incredibly professional. All in all, it is a tip that not many women know, yet it is able to have people correlate you and your work as one entity. Market your brand effectively and you will achieve success!

Self-Promote

Many women in business feel some restraint in sharing their goals, achievements, and accomplishments. Furthermore, many women are shy in expressing what they expect as a development outcome and business expectations. THIS NEEDS TO STOP! 

Before you even begin doubting yourself, always remember that you are your best self-promoter. Nobody knows your character or craft like yourself, so it is essential that you are able to establish a presence you are proud of promoting to the world. Demonstrating your skill and knowledge is a great way to ensure the income of offers and opportunities.

Believe In What You Do

Only involve yourself with projects that make you feel accomplished and excited for what is to come. Whether you work in a company or have your own business, you can only do work successfully if there is a certain level of interest or passion for it. From accounting to fashion designing, being able to project your dedication to a certain task is incredibly valuable at demonstrating your effort and hard work. The companies and individuals that strive the most in the world are those who believe in what they do, thoroughly and unapologetically. 

No matter what, always stay true to yourself and practice your craft out of your own passions.

There are many more tips I wish I could share that are great to propel your professional mindset and career; however, I will surely have more motivational content to share with you in the next articles. Being a woman in the work field does not have to be daunting or over-complicated, it simply consists of your vision of personal success and overall desire to dedicate time and hard work. 

The tips shown above are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to workplace confidence, tying together with your self-belief and work quality. Overall, you have great potential that is waiting to be expanded, these tips are great ways for you to do so.

Go on and conquer your goals, I believe in you reader!

Maite Grullon is a business and creative-oriented writer, currently a Sophomore/Junior majoring in Entrepreneurship at Lynn University under a 3 year intensive program. Maite is a seeker of leadership positions; being Academic Excellence Chair of Theta Phi Alpha sorority, member of the Lynn Leadership Institute, and a Student Admission Ambassador Leadership Team member. Maite holds many passions, ranging from writing to financial projects. However, it is the desire for success that inspires Maite the most.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.