Life > Experiences

Past halloween adventures: a WALK DOWN MEMORY lane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The best memories I have of Halloween, Are going around my neighborhood with all the kids that lived near me, I was dressed as a Barbie princess, my brother was a builder and my neighbors were both  characters from Toy story we went around to every house in the neighborhood until our feet hurt and our bags were filled to the top this is the best feeling ever during Halloween. I loved looking at all the decorations that all my neighbors had put up they would go all out. It was like it was a contest!

After we were all finished we went back to our house and dumped out all our candy and traded with each other. We ate pizza and baked cookies and most of our candy before our moms took away the candy or we would have gotten sick. 

Another fun time was when we were finally able to go out trick or treating by ourselves. We would figure out what house had the king size candy bars and what house had a bowl outside      that always said take just one but we would take more. We would go to those houses first since that’s where the best candy was. We would even sometimes go back to where they had a bowl to take more since they didn’t see us so no one would know. The house that was right next to us gave out a huge amount. My brother went there first and said the people next door just poured the whole bowl into my basket.We have to go back there, so we did and I got a ton too. Usually we only get a few pieces for the whole night and have to trade with each other but we didn’t have to at that time. We had enough candy for the next year that we never ate after Halloween.

It was always a competition to see who could get more candy and we would always try to steal each other’s who would sometimes trade a king size for a few little pieces. it was not an even trade but we thought we were being fair that way. Aside from Christmas and the 4th of July I think Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love getting candy and being able to trade it with my friends first and then trading with my brother when I get home. I also love dressing up in whatever you want. A homemade costume is so much better than buying one it shows more of who you are and can be done at the last minute. The holiday has changed a lot. I mostly just wear a costume or go to a party as I’ve gotten older but it’s still one of my favorites. 

Katie is a junior at Lynn University. She is originally from New Jersey, She enjoy going to the beach with friends and hanging by the pool. She is a marketing major and has been plans for the future.