This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

This past weekend the two of us were lucky enough to have been stuck in a car with another two of our friends for over 8 hours on our Journey to Forsyth, Georgia. This was a love-hate relationship, being in a car for that long can make you go a little crazy! But we survived and it was so worth it in the end. Going to Georgia is probably one of our favorite things to do, to have a change of environment and to relax and recharge.

Lauren’s Perspective

On Thursday October 20th, four of us began our trip to our friends house in Georgia for me

Personally, I love going there. To be in a warm house with dogs and love reminds me of my home, which is not so close. After arriving rather late on Thursday night we headed right to bed. On Friday the activity for the day was going to a Pumpkin Patch. This was at Southern Belle Farm, (if you’re ever in the area around this time I highly recommend this Pumpkin Patch). This Patch was absolutely gorgeous. They had an area with rides such as hay rides and animals such as donkeys and horses, a cute little gift store, and of course pumpkins.My favorite part being the sunflower patch. This was our main attraction. We walked through the sunflowers and saw all the butterflies and bees doing their thing. It was so nice to be back on a farm since I was raised on one. I had a smile on my face from one ear to the other at this point. This outing was then followed by lunch at a Mexican restaurant called Sol. “Chef’s Kiss” here I had some really yummy tacos with a Mexican Coke.

Saturday arrived, the day we had been waiting for and the reason we went to Georgia. We woke up at 5 am to prepare for our three hour car ride to Clemson University, South Carolina. We were going to a Clemson Football game against Syracuse University (yes the whole of Death Valley was orange). We arrived at 9 am where we tailgated alongside the other thousands of Clemson football fans in the chilly crisp morning air.

Then came the game, after running around trying to find our seats we were shocked to see how close we were to the field, we were sitting in about the 7th row. It was rather warm out at this time but sitting in the hot sun was so worth it. For me, I am still trying to understand the game of football but as the game went on I started to become more familiar with it. This made it more enjoyable, it was a very close game by the 4th quarter but Clemson came back with a strong fight and won. One of my favorite parts about this game was the atmosphere within the crowd which plays a huge role in College Football. It was amazing to experience it.

After the game we all went onto the field to be with the players and wow this was a very different experience, firstly seeing the stadium from this angle and secondly standing next to football players that are rather famous in the football world. These players are huge not to forget, after walking straight into one I soon realized this as I only came up to his stomach!

All and all this will be a memory I will always remember!

Jackie’s Perspective

When I found out we were going to Georgia once again I was so excited! I had been one other time and it was so much fun. Georgia is just such a nice and calming place. Being from New York City it is usually hard to just sit down and relax and see a bunch of nature. So whenever I get the chance to experience that I get excited.

On Thursday, we went to class and then started the long 8 hour drive. Lauren had started driving, then it was our other friend’s turn, and then it was me who got us to the end. Once we had got there it was late at night so we were all really tired and just went to bed.

Friday was a chill day. We went to the Southern Belle pumpkin patch. We walked through a whole field of pumpkins and they had a farm truck as well. We went around and took some pictures. They also had a flower field filled with sunflowers. We walked through that as well and took some really cute pictures! Then we went to have lunch at Sol, which is a Mexican restaurant.

Then came Saturday which was game day! We drove to South Carolina to see the Clemson versus Syracuse college football game. It was such an experience that we will never forget. It was my first time going to a college football game and it was so much fun and something I will never forget.

Then on Sunday, we had to drive back to Florida and it was a very long drive but we made it back safe and sound and it was overall just a very fun weekend. 

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!
Lauren is an international student majoring in Hospitality Management. She is a very interactive, positive and friendly young lady who always gives of her best. She always wears a smile on her face and tries brighten up everyone’s day. She is very passionate about her home country and educating many young people about her beloved country.