More YouTubers Are Getting Married: Brooklyn Mcknight and Dakota Blackburn’s Turn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Many YouTubers are getting married in their late teens or early twenties. Is this too young? Many fans have given a lot of hate to these couples who chose to get married without being together long enough. Can the public accept couples’ decisions and be happy for them? Brooklyn and Dakota are getting their fare share of hate recently, but also lots of love. 

Brooklyn is known for her YouTube channel called (Brooklyn and Bailey) alongside her identical twin sister, Bailey. They have grown up on camera showing everything from school dances to family vacations to weddings and proposals.  

Speaking of proposals, Brooklyn is now engaged to Dakota, whom she met while filming a dating series called 10 Dates in 10 days posted on her YouTube channel. The series was a fun way to engage her viewers on date ideas while meeting new people and exploring possible relationships. Brooklyn dated her date number 5 Brooks, for a few months until it was mutually decided they did not want the same things in life. Brooklyn then went for Dakota, her date number 7 in the series. They clicked instantly and have been an excellent fit for each other.  

Her fan base had no idea about their relationship until six months after they began officially dating. Brooklyn wanted to enjoy the new relationship without judgment from the media as they always have an opinion coming at them. She loves to share her life and continues to do so now. Dakota is 28, so she does feel like it is appropriate to get married as she is 22 years old and has experienced many different kinds of relationships.  

Ava Margolis grew up in New Jersey and now resides in South Florida. Margolis attends Lynn University where she studies Multimedia Journalism. Margolis plans to continue her education to become a therapist for children. She is outgoing, compassionate, and an adventurous person who loves sharing her passions with others.