Witchcraft Hero 01?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Witchcraft Hero 01?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Audrey Wu / Her Campus Media Design Team

Law of Attraction: Manifest the Life of Your Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

To receive, you must give. Set your intentions.  

Since a young age, I have always believed in the power of the Universe to align what is meant for us and saw pretty much every situation as traffic signs directing me towards specific pathways. Even though sometimes we go to the right because we know it is the best thing for us, we may wonder what it would be if we went left. The thing is that we don’t know what our lives could have been, but we can have a pretty good idea if we look back and understand how each decision made us be where we are today.   

I remember that I first experienced the Law of Attraction when I was sixteen. It was my dream to travel abroad by myself, and I thought about it day and night. I started seeing myself as that girl who could do it. The girl that could live by herself and be independent at a young age. After that, everything started to flow naturally as I acted like the person I wanted to be until I became her. I became that girl that feels she can do anything and conquer everything she wants. Besides my willingness to achieve my dreams, the reason for that was to practice how to set my intentions to the Universe.   

Everything is energy. We are constantly surrounded by people, objects, nature, and everything carries a certain amount of energy within. Just think about the people you love to be around because of the vibe they give you or how many times you wanted to leave your surroundings because of lousy energy from someone else. Most people don’t realize that the energy we give to ourselves also makes a difference in how we achieve our goals and manifest our dreams to the Universe.   

I have shared here before the power behind our thoughts as they can create reality, and I am living proof of this. As much as you think about yourself as struggling, dealing with challenges, or even not feeling as we are worthy of good things, the Universe will align with your energy and give back to you precisely what you are feeling.   

“Keep my word positive. Words become my behaviors.”

Mahatma Gandhi

But merely thinking about what we want in life is not enough. We must become what we want. For example, if you wish to meet the love of your life, you must become the person you need to be to find that special someone. Once you start behaving according to what you want in life, you will attract the same opportunities that align with that goal. Why? Because we attract what we are and not what we want.   

The main point is to realize that if our habits, behaviors, and thoughts do not collide with the reality we aim to have, we will not attract the right opportunities. Remember how everything is energy? We reflect on the world in different ways what we want, and if that energy is not well aligned with what we are, it will be harder to accomplish such goals.   

The first step to seeking the things we want in life is transforming and preparing ourselves to receive that. It all starts with developing the growth mindset, which consists of the belief that we are in constant development and can achieve more extraordinary things. Our traits are not stagnated or fixed; we can develop any competence we want and cherish our natural talents to contribute to the world. Challenges will not discourage us from achieving our goals; on the contrary, they will only show ourselves and the world how important it is to us.   

“Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life.”

Tony Robbins

But how to practice the Law of Attraction? There are many ways to do this, and you may find what works best for you, but one of the most effective ways is to clearly manifest to the Universe what you want to become. Again, everything is energy, so avoiding words that have a negative connotation is a must. For example, instead of saying, “I don’t want to keep this job,” we can try replacing it with “I will find a job that I love and feel fulfilled.” The reason for that is because in the first sentence, if you say what you don’t want, you’re not clearly manifesting what you want, and for that, you will not be focusing on specific opportunities. The more we fully immerse ourselves in the experience we want to have and imagine every detail of that experience, the more you will attract exactly that to your life.   

The power of affirmations is precisely that: you must focus on what you want to experience and not what you don’t like to share. The more we affirm something to ourselves, the more we believe in it, and it soon becomes our reality. This can be done by just speaking out loud, writing it down, or any other way that you feel would be best for you.   

To set our intentions is one of the main steps in manifesting the life of our dreams. Once we start affirming to ourselves or having positive thoughts about something, we must believe in it and that we are capable of great things and worthy of them. It doesn’t matter when you receive what you want; it may take a day, a week, a month, a year. You must realize that you will achieve that when it is time to achieve such a thing. If it didn’t happen at the time you believed it would, try understanding the reasons why you think it didn’t happen. It can be quite challenging to realize it immediately, but everything will fit in one day, just like a puzzle piece.   

When we set our intentions and let the Universe know what we wish to be and accomplish, it is like you are placing your dreams free, and you must trust the process. Don’t become obsessed with the outcomes or when the results will come. Let it go. The Universe will align everything to you. If you continue thinking that it won’t happen, try replacing that thought with positive visualization of the outcome you wish for, and that will set your mind to a quiet place.   

“Positive thinking is the notion that if you think good thoughts, things will work out well.”

Martin Seligman

The future doesn’t exist yet. We’re constantly shaping our destiny and our choices, behaviors, actions, thoughts are a way to build the life we want. For that, we must believe in ourselves as worthy of all good things and achieve the most incredible things in life. Once we align that frequency internalizing within ourselves, the Universe will align with us as well.   

One of the main priorities in the Law of Attraction is: to receive, you must give. How will we receive more good things if we keep asking for what we want but don’t recognize what we already have and are grateful for it?   

Be grateful for the life you have. For all the small moments, the smiles, that hot shower on a cold day, the meal you had for lunch, the call with your best friend, the walk you had in the park, the night off you took to be by yourself. Anything that makes your heart feel warmer, be grateful. But also, be thankful for the challenges you encountered along the way. Be grateful for the lessons those moments taught you. You must give back to the world good things to receive it too.   

We must see ourselves as part of the Universe, not a single piece. We are all connected somehow, and all the energy we give back comes back to us. Justin Timberlake sang it right, “what goes around comes around.” Think about this.   

Most of the time, we believe that we must face many obstacles, challenges, and difficulties to achieve our dreams. Although this can be true, the good things can also be the way to get what we want. We can learn through love, gratitude, and believing in a higher power.   

Align your intentions to the Universe, give back, receive, and your life will change.   

Giuliana is a Contributing National Writer for Her Campus, and the former Editor-In-Chief and President of Her Campus at Lynn. She recently graduated from Lynn University, with a BS in Marketing, Fashion & Retail and International Business Management. Among a lot of passions, Giuliana shows a high interest in the Publishing and the Marketing Industry. She is the author of the latest book "Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding," which was published in May 2021. The book provides a new perspective on personal branding and personal marketing. One of her biggest dreams is to continue growing her own brand and help other people achieve success through their uniqueness. Giuliana is also a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration.